Group viewing of Member Logs (Read 689 times)

When I log into the group I created for my high school cross country team I can no longer view the logs of the members of the team. It looks like this is on purpose. The following message is there and when I click on Reports, there is no response. It just reloads this message. "Group statistics is temporarily disabled because its calculation is too resource intensive. I will reenable it as soon as I find a way to optimize it" Is this what's supposed to happen? If so, when will we get access to members' logs again? That's pretty much the number one reason I set up my kids to use this website. If I can't see their logs, to be honest, it's useless to me as a coach. Also, and this was a problem with the old version of the software as well, I tried to set it so the home page of the group went straight to the Reports listing of all the members, but it never worked. I am using Safari 3.2.1 or Firefox 3.0.5 on a Mac 10.5.6. Thanks, David Panush
      If I remember correctly, Eric disabled that feature because it was bogging down the site. I also use that feature, but I think that it's being worked on. Smile
        Here's what I was looking for: http://www.runningahead.com/forums/topic/e91a64c4d836450d8eec9425e3521f17

Lazy idiot

As long as the individual members have their logs set as public, or private but viewable to other group members, you can actually go in and look at their log. You just won't get the "every member on the same page" summary that the reports page gave you. This code for this page is being looked at, and will hopefully be revamped soon. With so many groups out there, and some of them quite large, each time someone clicks on the reports function, it slows down the site as a whole. Like you, I hope this gets fixed sooner than later.

Tick tock

Coach Schuder

How can I view the log of a member of my group?
            mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

As long as you know their user names, and they have their log set to viewable by members of their group, you can use the Browse User Logs option at the top of the page (on the left, just below the Home/Training Log/Resources/Community/Shopping tabs). Type in or locate their username, and bring up the log.
              mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

Eric - I was thinking about this yesterday. In the pace groups, the YTD distance report shows all the members and hwo far they've gone for the year so far. In the interest of giving private groups (i.e high school coaches like the OP) the ability to at least have a quick reference / quick click option for their groups, would it be quick & easy to add a YTD list to those groups, just until you've had a chance to work on re-enabling the reports option? From there the coaches could click on their members and check their progress individually. Just a thought...
                  As long as you know their user names, and they have their log set to viewable by members of their group, you can use the Browse User Logs option at the top of the page (on the left, just below the Home/Training Log/Resources/Community/Shopping tabs). Type in or locate their username, and bring up the log.
                  As far as I can tell this does not work either. The only people whose logs show up under Browse User Logs are people whose logs are set to Public. It even says that at the top. If I could do it this way, then at least temporarily, this would be acceptable. Any word on when this might be fixed? If it's not fixed by the time Outdoor Track rolls around, I'll have to find another site to use, which would be frustrating.

Lazy idiot

There are four options for one's running log in terms of privacy: - Keep my running log private - Allow anyone with this password to view my log: - Only allow members in my groups to view my log - Allow everyone to see my running log If your runners do not wish to have a fully-public profile, either of the middle two options would be suitable I would think. You just need to educate them on this option, and which you'd prefer they use.

Tick tock

Coach Schuder

That didn't work for me. I know they have access set to "viewable by members of their group" because I could view the stats when that was functioning. I even typed in their username in the search function and came up blank. I think Browse User Logs only works for public viewing.
                      eric :)

Hi guys, I was planning to work on this tonight, but I'm quite sleep deprived today. I will work on it this week and have a fix by the weekend. I looked into whether it's possible to make the page faster but it looks like the problem is with the amount of data in the system. I will need another server to make it work faster. For now, would a names list suffice? What would make a good substitute for this? eric :-)
                        Kevin Horst

I don't think a roster of members is what people are looking for. I like to check the reports page, sort by members' weekly mileage (to see who's actually training), and then from there check individual log summaries and read the descriptions of workouts that look interesting. But perhaps you are right... a simple list of member names with links to their logs all in one place would be nice.
                          Coach Schuder

Hi guys, I was planning to work on this tonight, but I'm quite sleep deprived today. I will work on it this week and have a fix by the weekend. I looked into whether it's possible to make the page faster but it looks like the problem is with the amount of data in the system. I will need another server to make it work faster. For now, would a names list suffice? What would make a good substitute for this? eric :-)
                            A names list would work for me. Even as a replacement for the stats page. I check on each individual anyway so I don't need a summary team view.

I run for Fried Chicken!

Another vote for just a names list would be great. I know I can search for user's logs but this just makes it easier to just be able to click through. I don't need to see summaries on the reports page.
                              John Weigel

Thanks for all your hard work, Eric. I'll just throw my two cents in. I would really like to see the reports page as a summary again. Our group really looks at that page a lot (we have 50 some odd members). A name list would be a fine temporary solution if you are working some bugs out, though. Great job on all the upgrades. Everything looks fantasitc.