New Year's Day races (Read 48 times)

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Any New Year's Day races out there?

I'm about to head out to a 10K (misnamed a "dash") at 9am .... just one day after driving 12 hours home from visiting the grandparents with the family. And I can't help but ask myself, "why?" It seemed like such a good idea when I signed up.

Happy New Year's to all. May your year be filled with injury free runs, PRs, and race photos that make you look like a bad ass.

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

SubDood

I'm in a coffee shop keeping warm before the somewhat aptly-named "Polar Dash" in Minneapolis. It's definitely "polar" here, -8 deg F now. The "dash" is a 14-miler (for 2014). They gave out "penguin" hats at packet pickup.

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

Well, hit a 10K PR by nearly 2 minutes. Not a bad way to start the year.

I lived in Saint Paul for two years, but never did a January race - I did run a snowy, icy Saint Patty's Day race last year around the lakes, but -8? That's treadmill weather for me. Glad to live in a somewhat warmer climate now (Central Indiana).

Happy New Year!

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.