Multiple daily runs/rest (Read 65 times)

prodiro

Just went for my first runs since starting again last night and this morning.  I didn't quite make 2 miles both times  - I think I was starting at too quick a pace.  That's besides the point though.

I know rest is an essential part of training.  Would it be a bad idea to run again late this afternoon?

Just went for my first runs since starting again last night and this morning.  I didn't quite make 2 miles both times  - I think I was starting at too quick a pace.  That's besides the point though.

I know rest is an essential part of training.  Would it be a bad idea to run again late this afternoon?

If you're just starting, I wouldn't run twice/day.

prodiro

Hah yea, I was feeling better when starting the thread because I had been sitting for a while.  Once I got up to walk around I suddenly realized how sore I still am.  I'll definitely rest until tomorrow.

Hah yea, I was feeling better when starting the thread because I had been sitting for a while.  Once I got up to walk around I suddenly realized how sore I still am.  I'll definitely rest until tomorrow.

Walking is a good form of recovery.

If I was really tired, I used to crash and burn with a nap for awhile, then get up and do chores or walk or whatever - some form of gentle movement.

And you might consider doing a little less when you're first starting.

Congratulations on starting running.

"So many people get stuck in the routine of life that their dreams waste away. This is about living the dream." - Cave Dog