Power Running Physiology Enters the Mainstream (Read 2197 times)

I don't think you are getting the angst because of your idea. You are getting it because you make a lot of claims against the "old" way with no proof and you make a lot of unsubstantiated claims of your way providing improvements. When asked for evidence, you provide YOUR summaries of research. Show real evidence and the angst will recede.
    Why was I getting so much angst for my posts?
    And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

JakeKnight

Oh, snap. Yes. This thread wouldn't be complete without Blue Skies hopping in to let us know its all actually about her.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

Oh, snap. Yes. This thread wouldn't be complete without Blue Skies hopping in to let us know its all actually about her.
        I don't think this is about me. Asking about angst for my posts.
        And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

JakeKnight

I don't think this is about me. Asking about angst for my posts.
          I'd have to say ... a sphincter says what?

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
          -----------------------------

I got all that angst because you think I was only talking about me.

Richard, Show some proof, evidence.

Scout7

I sang a song for you. That's not angst. That's love, baby.
                Scout7

I didn't say there were no differences; I said the differences weren't particularly radical. But certainly not so different as to justify the level of angst being demonstrated by some here. IMO the differences are simply a refinement of standard training and can improve the performance for those of average talents - that's why I have posted them /told you about it.
                  What refinements? I haven't seen anything that I haven't seen before. Running less, but running quality workouts is not really a new idea. If you mean the six training paces, I dunno. What is so significant about those six?
                    Angst? Pity, maybe. Back on your meds?

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

C-R

POD for the working Wayne's World into this steaming pile.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                      "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Bonkin, I was overtraining. No meds. And I'm not a great runner. Anyway the random posts were my fault. Richard, Here's some advice from JK. He can be nice sometimes. You can continue or this and be welcomed:
                        Quit sharing your "theories." Try sharing YOU. If you have strange, new, wonderful ideas about running - GREAT. But nobody is going to want to hear them from some stranger who doesn't have any interaction with the community, no profile, no log, makes no mention of their own running, and doesn't share the first thing about themselves. If you're actually sincere, stop with the two thousand word screeds (and this is from a master of the two thousand word screed). Start talking about you. Share your experience. Tell us how your training is going. Join in some conversations. And then ... after you've been here a few weeks or months or years ... trying bring up your ideas again. In the context of your OWN training ... as in ... "Hey, this has been working for me." Believe it or not, there are other runners here who are coaches and trainers, who are, to some extent, hyping their own websites or programs or techniques. But ALL of them are also real members of the community - so nobody minds when they decide to post an article. (Of course, the fact that they share their training, and happen to be two and half hour marathoners, probably helps ...) If you try it, you'll find this place is extraordinarily warm and accepting. There will be no personal attacks, and if your ideas have any merit at all, people will discuss them with you.

Viich, As I noted earlier, I've never thought my training recommendations were particularly radical but some folks really get bent out of shape about them and the research data supporting them. You can see clear evidence of that in the last 2 pages of this thread.
                          My question's still pending: Richard, have you improved on your 32 minute 5k or that smoking 57-minute 10k? Just in case it's not painfully apparent, this is a yes or no question.
                          Rich_

Richard, Show some proof, evidence.
                            Well, let's see. This started off as a physiological thread about the role muscle plays in performance. I cited and quoted the source I was drawing from (a book by a coach of elite runners). Does that qualify as proof or evidence? I was asked about studies supporting my beliefs about easy runs. I cited 2 of the best studies I know of on the topic and recommended Hickson's classic series of studies on the topic. Does that qualify as proof or evidence? What more did you have in mind?
                            Rich World's Fastest Slow Runner
                              Richard,
                              Quit sharing your "theories." Try sharing YOU.
                              Scout, I was drunk. It's not you, it's me.

Dave

JK:
                                Is that new avatar a picture of your aereola? Maybe I'm confused.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com