Help me to be strong... (Read 831 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

There is a little soft grey tabby kitty cavorting with the dids (little 2# beast is CHASING them on their bikes) in our yard. He can't be any more than 12-13 weeks old...so silly, wild, sweet, and has the LOUDEST purr. Needless to say, our cats inside HATE him! We don't have a clue who he belongs to, but he is WAY too little to be outside on his own--especially since he is so bold and friendly. I would name him Zoomy. 'Cause he's zooming about our yard and he purrs like a peppy little sports car. *sigh* I'm a sucker. Good thing we really don't want a 4th cat or to go through that whole process of getting big, old grumpy, territorial cats to accept a new furbaby. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

Isn't he cute!!!!! Hope this helps! Evil grin
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha, he is cute! I think the little stinker outside might be cuter, though. He has a seriously mischievous look on his face. He's at that age where everything is a toy and everyone is his friend. I really worry that he is going to get hit by a car, as he has NO fear. We'd love to see our neighbors take him in. They have an aged schitzu, so he'd be a good buddy for their dog. k

~ Sarah Kay

All but one of our cats (5) are rescue jobs like yours. It took some time but they either now get along or just avoid the ones they don't get along with

To paraphrase an old poster: Today is the first day of the rest of your training. It doesn’t matter where you started or how far you’ve come. Today is the day. Your training didn’t start 6 weeks ago. Your training started the last time you hit the road. John “the Penguin” Bingham Life is not tried, it is merely survived if you're standing outside the fire

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

All but one of our cats (5) are rescue jobs like yours. It took some time but they either now get along or just avoid the ones they don't get along with
            Yeah, our 2 boys were orphans, our girl was the kitten of a former roommate's cat, and our Gus who passed away last Summer was an adoptee from a nearby shelter. So I made salmon for dinner and fed Dane...asked him if Derek was planning to come in from the garage soon. Dane says "dad has the kitten in the garage with him." Uh oh. Yeah...guess who had the woodstove in the garage burning brightly and water set out for the kitten? Oh, and the kitten fell asleep on his chest in front of the stove. Kitten woke up and Derek went into his woodshop to do some work and closed the door. Little kitten in the half of the shop with the stove commenced crying pathetically. So Derek goes in and snuggles more with the kitten. Now kitten has a dish of salmon, some cat food (for less active cats...might have to go get some proper kitten vittles), water, and a little dish of this cheesy milk drink for cats and kittens that we bought and never used when Gus was so sick and we were desperate to get him to eat anything. I think we may be a 4 cat household, again. Ha...we really do have "suckers" written on our foreheads in a script that only cats can see. Or we'll see if my MIL wants to make a trip up here to get a new kitty. She lost her beloved Percy cat not long after my FIL died and has often talked about wanting a new kitten. k

~ Sarah Kay

btb1490

Smile Once you feed them, it's all over! Growning up on a farm, I think we had as many as 12 cats at one time. Of course they all slept in the barn. But once you get past 3 of them, what's a few more? Just make sure he didn't wander away from someone elses house. You don't want to make some poor little kid heartbroken.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Just make sure he didn't wander away from someone elses house. You don't want to make some poor little kid heartbroken.
                did wants to name him Chase, since he was chasing them on their bikes. Wink I do feel concerned that it's a child's pet...with that said, someone hasn't taken good care of a baby kitty. We're supposed to get frost tonite. We also live in a neighborhood full of unneutered kitties. We have an apartment complex next door that is notoriously full of cats that are left behind when the "owners" move. So sad for the cats who deserve more. k

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Congratulations on your new baby Zoomy! Big grin Or Chase. Wink

Roads were made for journeys...

Congratulations on your new baby Zoomy! Big grin Or Chase. Wink
                    Smile

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

The Meek One

Lucky kitty, lots of love warm house and tasty treats. Being from Whitehall myself I can assure you, that you have saved one little kitten from some very mean streets Big grin
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Lucky kitty, lots of love warm house and tasty treats. Being from Whitehall myself I can assure you, that you have saved one little kitten from some very mean streets Big grin
                          Wink Yeah, it won't be long and it will be way too cold for a little guy to be outside. And we are pretty sure he has fleas and earmites...and almost certainly worms, then. I'll bet he hasn't even seen a vet. No matter what, he won't be going home with anyone around here who might come looking for him. The way he gobbled the food we've given him makes me think he's not particularly well-fed, either. That will certainly change under our roof (our cats are all a little on the Rubenesque side). We're planning to call the vet on Monday to get him checked-out, medicated, vaccinated, etc. Then we will gradually introduce him to our old fart cats. They are not going to like that one bit. They need to HTFU. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Sounds like little Chase was lucky to find you guys!!! PICTURES!!!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sounds like little Chase was lucky to find you guys!!! PICTURES!!!
                              I'm gonna go take pics a little later, for sure! And you know, we thought about Loki, since that name would definitely fit the little guy (and work so nicely with our Scandinavian theme...Erik, Thor, Dane), but Derek said that since we already "know" a Loki that it wouldn't be right. And he and Dane are pretty fixated on the name Chase. So Chase it is. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay

Zoomie, we are completely cut from the same cloth! Wink Congrats on your new baby!
                                2009: BQ?