a-WEIGH-we go!! December 31-January 6 (Read 754 times)

msl

We are a cross over group from the Cool Running collapse. Our members are international and we love to talk . . . talk about diet, excercise, running and everything in between. Feel free to join us!
    msl

Hey all! New Year's Eve is upon us! We are heading out tonight. The IL's are keeping the little ones overnight! Hurray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are going to a small house party. At midnight here it looks like the 4th of July. Our friends have an apartment in the middle of the city with a huge balcony. It should be a really fantastic view. We have some fireworks also to celebrate with. Went for a run today with my running partner. She has one of these iPod measurement things. Her iPod said we had gone 6 km when my Garmin said only 4.5km...How does that thing work exactly without GPS? In total we did 5.27km. The first kilometer was tough after my run yesterday, but I feel fine now and hope to go again tomorrow...I am addicted...I think DH and I are just going to sign up for the HM to put a little fire under our behinds and make us work! What's the plan for everyone tonight?

Lisa pre-nose injury

Hi all and happy new year! We are going to some friends from DHs softball team - a fun group. 17 yo DD may or may not have a party here, but does not like our restrictions!!! I am keeping up the running with OHR and about to move into Week 4, where you increase from 30 minutes at a time. I am ready to do each week of OHR 2x if necessary, as this 50 yo body gets stiff and sore. Lots of stretching required. I have been feeling great this week, off from work, getting in extra walks on my days off from running. I could stay in great shape if I did not have to work - plenty of time to exercise and no stress eating...sigh.... Toying with doing a 10K in April, we'll see. Main goal is not to get injured so I can keep running. Off to Jackson Hole Wyoming to ski next Sat. with DH, DD and DS. Curious how my extra running this year will impact my skiing. Nice this week to have DS home from college. He is maintaining a respectable up until 3am and sleep until noon schedule.... Best, Lisa
        Lisa Week 9/10 of One Hour Runner
        msl

hi Lisa! Nice to hear from you! I have heard Jackson Hole is gorgeous! Have a great time. AND! I believe in April you can do a 10K!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hi everyone!! Out for 3.3 miles this morning - brining my yearly total to 1,003.3 miles which is a PR of 266.4 miles over last year!! Smile No big plans tonight. Going to go buy some crab legs for DH and I. Maybe rent a movie. Most likely be in bed early as I still fight the cough. Tomorrow I'm signed up for a 5K. Not expecting to do great - just hoping to finish and get a cool sweatshirt!! Gotta go shower and get the race packet. BBL! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Jhi

T2

hi. brb.

Maggie & Molly

Morning all ~~ Ok, today is not getting off to a good start - crisis at work like no tomorrow and then tomorrow we are closed so we have to try to address all this today. Ugh. No run this morning my $##%$# dog kept me up all night so I'm tired. I'll run tomorrow. Jhi Hey, there you are!!! Michelle I have the Nike +. I find that it is usually slightly off - for example, yesterdays run according to my Ipod was 5.66 but according to this site it was 5.63. Not that big a difference for me. The Nike + works by a chip in or on your shoe that basically counts your footfalls. I've heard that on seriously long runs that slight difference gets bigger so maybe then it would be an issue but I've also heard that there can be issues with the Garmin with weather, bridges etc. I guess everything has it's pros and cons. Mary You are my hero!!!!! Lisa There is nothing wrong with doing two weeks on any training schedule. Move forward when you are ready. Keep stretching - I soooo feel it when I don't stretch enough. QOD: tomorrow is the start of 2008 - what are we going to have for challenges and goals?

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
                Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Monnier

Hey everyone and Happy New Year's Eve!! This will be HHF and I's first New Year's Eve in Germany since 2004, and as Michelle said, it's really something to see. Unbelieveable displays of fireworks. And I don't know about where Michelle lives, but down here we've had pretty steady fireworks since Friday night already. Our poor dog hates them and she gets really scared. Sad Sorry I've been MIA for awhile.....I was waiting on the dust to settle and trying to figure out where we'd all land. I did import my running log to this site and was really impressed with how easy that went. And I do really like this site, so I'm glad that this seems to be our new home. Smile And I've been SUPER busy doing some wedding planning, setting up appts for when we're home next week. I want to get as much done as possible while we're in the states since it's easier to plan when you're right there vs. several thousand miles away! I've also been CRAZY busy working out, both cardio and strength training, even sometimes doing 2 or 3 workouts a day. Lots of time on the bicycle training, some time on the roads running, and just a bit of time in the pool. Plus I've been alternating upper/lower body and ab strength training. I have a lot of motivation and it's looking like we'll be getting married in August, so I told HHF yesterday "well, at least I have 8 months to 'train up' for this wedding!". Big grin So that's the update from my side. Congrats to Mary on reaching your goal of 1000 miles for the year.....that is really, really fantastic!! BBL..
                  msl

Looks like the gangs all here! cherrie!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope the day gets better for you!!!!!!!!!! Michele You must be super excited to at least have nailed down a month! you sound extremely motivated! you will be looking hot in your wedding dress no doubt! So, where is the honeymoon going to be? Mary You rock! So...I just found today a series of runs. The website says it is great preparation for the HM that I am debating on in March. for example, I could do 10K the first and second race and then a 15k for the third. The third is 4 weeks before the HM. Is that too aggressive??
                    Monnier

Michelle - I think that race schedule sounds great. Plus, it will help keep you motivated if you have a few intermediate races instead of just the one big race at the end. Just my opinion! As for the honeymoon, we will be taking it at an undetermined date sometime after the wedding. HHF has an Ironman one week after the wedding, so we'll be getting married in California and then spending a couple of days with family before flying to Wisconsin for the Ironman. And then we'll come back home to Germany. So maybe we'll take the honeymoon in September? Not sure......but you asked about where, not when. Big grin We also don't know where yet. Scotland is currently top in the running, but we've also talked about Greece, Spain and the Carribbean. Can't decide if I want to be warm.....if so, Scotland is definitely out!

Maggie & Molly

Michele You are now a workout machine. Nice job!!! It is so exciting to make wedding plans. I was married in August - it is a perfect time of year. Michelle I think that is a perfect plan (of course I've never run a HM before) but your idea sounds great to me. I had looked for some runs between now and the HM in March in my area but did not have any luck!! JHI Hey girl, you said you'd be back, where are you teehee Wink In case I don't make it back today. Please have a wonderful, really fun but safe New Year's eve and I'll see you all tomorrow....... Evil grin

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Lisa pre-nose injury

hi Lisa! Nice to hear from you! I have heard Jackson Hole is gorgeous! Have a great time. AND! I believe in April you can do a 10K!
                          Michelle and Cherrie - thanks for the encouragement! I am here slightly buzzed beginning nye celebrations!!!! DH is cooking a great dinner, and then off to friends. Run tomorrow!!!!! Yes! And my BF (thats best friend not boyfriend) is taking me to Starbucks to celebrate with a triple whatever latte!! Be safe and healthy everyone, Lisa
                          Lisa Week 9/10 of One Hour Runner
                          msl

Happy New Year!

Maggie & Molly

Happy New Year everyone. I ate too much, drank too much and I'm feeling swollen. Oh well - such is life. I'm shooting for 7 or so miles later today. DH is going to ride his bike again. Instead of turning around when I get to the end of the particular road I run on I'm going to follow the curve and go until I really have to turn around when I hit the beach. Not exactly sure how far that will be but I'm guessing it will add a mile or so to my run. Probably do that mid day. Here's hoping that all your New Year's Resolutions happen and that the year 2008 is a wonder, healthy and satisfying year for you!!!!!!

Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

HAPPY NEW YEAR GIRL FRIENDS!!!! We had steak and crab legs with DD#2 and her BF. After that we watched a movie, and it was all I could do to stay awake for it. In bed by 10 - isn't that exciting??? I didn't take any drugs last night, so my sleep wasn't as sound, but I feel pretty good this morning. My race starts at 11 a.m. - by then it is supposet to be snowing pretty good and wind too. Oh goody!!! I'm happy to see JHI found us - thought you said you'd BRB?? Wink I definitely need some goals. I'm afraid to get on the scale - I've been eating horribly!! Today I'm going to see PS I Love You with my sister. So popcorn is in order - diet can start tomorrow. I'm seriously dreading work tomorrow - but at least I can post and respond to ya'll alot better!! I hope you all have a great day - I'll try and check back in after the race. CHEERS! ~Mary

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com