Classical Music (Read 649 times)

I run with 5 count earworms.  My breathing pattern is inhale 3 steps, exhale 2.  I may try running to the Planets/Mars.  BTW, Venus was beautiful rising with the moon a couple of mornings ago.

Venus and Aldeberan with Mercury below, great views the other morning as I was on my way to first snowboard day of the year. Runnig in 5, wow- I just run in boring old 6/8.

MTA: Saturn, not Aldeberan

asdfsdaaas

spam
      Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Oh...I'm sorry, I had no idea.

Don't worry, many college band members have gone on to live very...very fulfilling lives.

Ahhh Delta House Rejects, Yes we can help them, but therapy may take many many years.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

bhearn

Orff's Carmina Burana is a great work, and I think it is well accessible for neophytes.

O Fortuna Misheard Lyrics

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Tooo funny.

That and the thought of Sir Paul mcCartney writing classical music also has some humorous implications knowing his roots

Liverpool Oratorio anyone?.

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I might start here:  http://classicalmusic.about.com/od/classicalmusic101/u/classicalmusic101.htm  

One of the authors in the 101 series linked above says to find a piece you like and build off of that.  That's good advice.

Thanks mujch for that reference. I've started to read through all the info and bought one of the intro cds suggested. I had some definite reactions to the various pieces, some familiar and some not. I also had some definite likes and dislikes as well as a few that I could take or leave. I really need to explore Mozart more, but also Rimsky-Korsakov.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I roll on the floor.  Orff rolls in his grave.

Wandering Wally

Thanks mujch for that reference. I've started to read through all the info and bought one of the intro cds suggested. I had some definite reactions to the various pieces, some familiar and some not. I also had some definite likes and dislikes as well as a few that I could take or leave. I really need to explore Mozart more, but also Rimsky-Korsakov.

Yes, there are pieces I enjoy and pieces that just aren't my thing.  The great thing is there is 600+ years worth of material to choose from so there is something for everyone :-)  I also find that my preferences change somewhat with the seasons.  For instance at this time of year I tend to prefer darker, brooding pieces.  In the summer I tend to prefer lighter pieces.

Check out this piece from the 2007 Vienna New Year's Day concert  http://youtu.be/BSKKLROWgOI  The conductor is so expressive.  It's awesome.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast