2022 Advanced Racing Thread (Read 497 times)

Don't want to steal his thunder but just peeked at the results and the Mailman delivered again, despite the awful weather. Nice work!

2:52:16 (2018)

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Always delivers regardless of weather conditions. 👍

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Don't want to steal his thunder but just peeked at the results and the Mailman delivered again, despite the awful weather. Nice work!

Thanks JT! Yes I ran a 1:14:57 for (barely) a new PR! I'll fill in with details later. It was low 60s with 100% humidity as expected, but there was a layer of fog that didn't burn off until post race so the temp didn't really rise from there. Clearly not great weather but didn't turn into the D weather I feared.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

SteveChCh

Hot Weather Complainer

JMac - yes! Great stuff. Maybe not worst case scenario conditions but still pretty tough. I hope you’ve found a beer by now to celebrate the PR

5km: 18:34 11/23 │ 10km: 39:10 8/23 │ HM: 1:26:48 9/23 │ M: 3:34:49 6/23

2024 Races:

Motorway Half Marathon February 25, 2024 1:29:55

Christchurch Half-Marathon April 21, 2024

Selwyn Marathon June 2, 2024

Dunedin Half Marathon September 15, 2024

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Thanks JT! Yes I ran a 1:14:57 for (barely) a new PR! I'll fill in with details later. It was low 60s with 100% humidity as expected, but there was a layer of fog that didn't burn off until post race so the temp didn't really rise from there. Clearly not great weather but didn't turn into the D weather I feared.

That is fantastic news, and should have you feeling very positive about Grandma's.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

Mr MattM

Damn, JMac!  Some good stuff is in your future...

For those wondering (which is probably no one - lol)  I ran 10.4 miles today which is my first double digit run in quite some time.  It was slow, but that's fine for now.  My damaged toe seems to be tolerating what I am throwing at it.  I am optimistic about getting back to some mileage in the coming weeks/months.

be curious; not judgmental

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

The Milkman/Mailman is the GOAT on the sub3/advanced threads.

During covid restrictions he ran a legit half TT which  showed great character.  Others took advantage and cheated.

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

The mail is slow here in NZ but obviously not in New York congrats Jack. It looks like you even ran a slow first downhill km ?

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

For those wondering (which is probably no one - lol)  I ran 10.4 miles today which is my first double digit run in quite some time.  It was slow, but that's fine for now.  My damaged toe seems to be tolerating what I am throwing at it.  I am optimistic about getting back to some mileage in the coming weeks/months.

That’s very positive news! 👍

Fishyone

Very well done JMac!! enjoy the moment you deserve it.

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

Fishyone

Matt- Great to hear your toe was able to hold up for 10+

5K 18:36 (2023), 10K 39:40 (2022), 1/2 1:24:37 (2023), full 2:58:36 (2015) 

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Just booked flight tickets to Boston this morning and looking forward to the race on 24th April 2023.

Bring it on.  

Running Problem

Problem Child

You PR and still complain about weather....

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

Just booked flight tickets to Boston this morning and looking forward to the race on 24th April 2023.

Bring it on.  

Exciting. I should actually do this myself. It’s been on a list of things I’m not getting done Wright now.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Exciting. I should actually do this myself. It’s been on a list of things I’m not getting done Wright now.

I just need to book a hotel in NYC close to the start line and I’m all set. 👍