2022 Advanced Racing Thread (Read 497 times)

SteveChCh

Hot Weather Complainer

Great job getting yourself there - must have been tempting to give up after the third cancellation. Hopefully all this helps you since you won’t have had time to get anxious about the race itself, although obviously plenty of anxiety.

If you nail this race it will be one for the ages. They’ll be talking about it in the Metaverse in 100 years

5km: 18:34 11/23 │ 10km: 39:10 8/23 │ HM: 1:26:48 9/23 │ M: 3:34:49 6/23

2024 Races:

Motorway Half Marathon February 25, 2024 1:29:55

Christchurch Half-Marathon April 21, 2024

Selwyn Marathon June 2, 2024

Dunedin Half Marathon September 15, 2024

darkwave

Mother of Cats

I'm in Minnesota!

Excellent - safe drive to Duluth.

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

That's an insane amount of cancelations woah.

Kudos to you for beating the system and getting there.

Here in Europe it's a mess too, they can't find people to replace cause the pay is too low, people catch covid all the time and can't work, also fuel is probably expensive right now so some flights no longer make sense.

Also, an European tradition: strikes

I have a flight back to Porto on Sunday morning and a bus ticket a bit later just in case the flight gets cancelled.

I had to refund my train ticket cause I've learned they're on strike and will delay or cancel certain trips.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

Speed Surplus

Holy shit, JMAC! Sorry for the run of bad luck with travel.

Maybe this will be helpful - everything went perfectly the morning of my race. Perfect weather, perfect bathroom timing, got to park right next to the start, etc... but the race itself was a disaster.

I hope it works out the opposite for you - you've been through a shitshow trying to get to the staring line, but now everything will be smooth and perfect. Good luck!

5:27 / 18:49 / 40:32 / 88:12 / 3:12

darkwave

Mother of Cats

Everyone's gotta running blog; I'm the only one with a POOL-RUNNING blog.

And...if you want a running Instagram where all the pictures are of cats, I've got you covered.

need2tri

I had my THIRD flight cancelled in the middle of the night, no notice by Delta. I woke up at 545 and checked the app and it said cancelled.

We'll have to see how all this stress, poor rest, and tons of travel impacts me. I hope not at all! So far I feel okay.

Don't forget to carbo load with all the mess you are going through ... go find Chipotle.

Running Problem

Problem Child

I had my THIRD flight cancelled in the middle of the night, no notice by Delta. I woke up at 545 and checked the app and it said cancelled.

I completely scrambled and found a flight out of Philadelphia at 845. Note it was 6 am at this point, and Philly is usually about a 2 hour drive. I booked the flight, threw all my new shit into a bag, and drove like a total madman from NYC to Philly as there were no flight out of any of the 3 major NYC airports into MSP. I probably broke about 10 traffic laws on the way, but got to the airport in a little over 90 minutes.

I didn't have tsa precheck, which was going to screw me, but found a kiosk, typed it in, and thank the Lord it worked. Flew through security, and made it to the gate in time.

After 3 flight cancelations and the worst 24 hour travel day of my life, I'm in Minnesota! Sadly, my wife and daughter were on another flight and they got cancelled AGAIN. So the plan to hang out after the race and enjoy post party is dead, which is very sad. But I'm here.

We'll have to see how all this stress, poor rest, and tons of travel impacts me. I hope not at all! So far I feel okay.

It’s like every single race story I’ve ever told. This seriously needs to be documented elsewhere with this level of detail so you’ll always be back in this moment.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Ian5

On my app it looks like Jmac hasn't started,hope it's just an error.

5k 17:35,10k 36:43,10m 61:55,HM 1:24:03,Full 3:07:39

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Yeah it also shows to me that he didn't started, after I remembered to search for John instead of Jack 😂

It's very likely an error.

The tracker has CJ Albertson leading by a mile, but I can see on the live stream there are many runners with him on the lead pack.

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Ok I found him on Grandma's site results

10k 36:26

Half 1:17:19

Go Jack!

Edit: removed the projected times

Ok I found him on Grandma's site results

10k 36:26

Half 1:17:19

Go Jack!

Edit: removed the projected times

Perfect pacing so far, MM is on!  Keep it up JMac!

2:52:16 (2018)

Ian5

Flavio-Cheers for that,the app shows him 10 miles in 1:50,so definitely an error.

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Jack through 20M in 1:58:38.

Come onnnn!

Ian5

Looks like its out of reach,last split is behind,hoping it's measured slightly wrong for him.

Ian5

I'm not too sure the etiquette here so won't post his result,but it looks like the last 24 hours has taken it out of Jmac,still a time the rest of us would be stupidly happy with.