2022 Advanced Racing Thread (Read 497 times)

You are all been so nice and polite to each other, I'm suspicious but will post in both threads 

I race infrequently and tend to wait till I've had enough training to not put up a terrible time. I haven't raced this year. Covid took me out for a while. Currently got one of the other colds going around. Will try and race something this year. Please keep me to this 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Marky_Mark_17

Yorkshire is a brand. It's like saying "I don't buy cheese but when I did I only bought Kraft" instead of saying American Cheese.

(Kraft Singles are not cheese. Really. YouTube search Kraft Singles Burn).

I am highly suspicious of your orange American cheese.  Is it radioactive?

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

JMac11

RIP Milkman

You are all been so nice and polite to each other, I'm suspicious but will post in both threads 

I race infrequently and tend to wait till I've had enough training to not put up a terrible time. I haven't raced this year. Covid took me out for a while. Currently got one of the other colds going around. Will try and race something this year. Please keep me to this 

I highly encourage you to run a 4.8k 5K park run. It's like a 5K marathon.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Marky_Mark_17

I highly encourage you to run a 4.8k 5K park run. It's like a 5K marathon.

The 2019 threads called.  They said they want their jokes back and it's high time you got some new ones.

3,000m: 9:07.7 (Nov-21) | 5,000m: 15:39 (Dec-19) | 10,000m: 32:34 (Mar-20)  

10km: 33:15 (Sep-19) | HM: 1:09:41 (May-21)* | FM: 2:41:41 (Oct-20)

* Net downhill course

Last race: Maraetai HM, 10 Mar, DNF

Up next: Waterfront HM, 7 Apr

"CONSISTENCY IS KING"

I may have a 9.85 km 10k coming up 

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

I highly encourage you to run a 4.8k 5K park run.

Hey, I ran one of those, and it’s my PR! Well I don’t count it as my PR, but the time is listed in the global database of parkrun results, so it must be real!

Dave

SteveChCh

Hot Weather Complainer

RP - Epic rant.  I can't tell how serious you are but I enjoyed it immensely either way.

I assume when I run a 42.8km marathon (not due to extremely bad tangents), I'll get extra credit or given a couple of minutes back?

5km: 18:34 11/23 │ 10km: 39:10 8/23 │ HM: 1:26:48 9/23 │ M: 3:34:49 6/23

2024 Races:

Motorway Half Marathon February 25, 2024 1:29:55

Christchurch Half-Marathon April 21, 2024

Selwyn Marathon June 2, 2024

Dunedin Half Marathon September 15, 2024

JMac11

RIP Milkman

I assume when I run a 42.8km marathon (not due to extremely bad tangents), I'll get extra credit or given a couple of minutes back?

If you hit 43K, automatic moose mug. I think that's how RB_Moose set up the rules anyway but we'll have to ask our MM experts in dw, calbears, and  mikkey, the Mount Rushmore members of this thread.

Dave - I assume you are in the pacific northwest given your name. I'm about to take a 6 day trip out to Bandon Oregon for a golf trip. I've been everywhere in the US EXCEPT the PNW. I'm looking forward to 55 degree days in July and 30 mph winds. It's amazing how Bandon can be that every day and you just go a few miles inland and it's 90+, reaching 100+ the farther in you go. Crazy how much the ocean temps matter.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

Dave - I assume you are in the pacific northwest given your name. I'm about to take a 6 day trip out to Bandon Oregon for a golf trip. I've been everywhere in the US EXCEPT the PNW. I'm looking forward to 55 degree days in July and 30 mph winds. It's amazing how Bandon can be that every day and you just go a few miles inland and it's 90+, reaching 100+ the farther in you go. Crazy how much the ocean temps matter.

I am a PNW transplant, only lived here 7 years, but my wife the Oregon native says it’s beautiful there. People seem to love the OR coast in general. But yeah east vs west of the Cascades, in both OR and WA, are worlds apart weather-wise (and politics-wise). I think it’s inarguable that the PNW coastal region has the best year-round running weather in the country. Not too hot or humid in the summer, not too cold or snowy in the winter. Of course then there are the hills, but that’s good for you.

Dave

My wife says Guinness tastes like water and I agree. 

I like Guinness. For a long stretch of my life it was my favorite beer. I always favor stouts and porters. But since a couple decades ago, the American microbrew versions have become far superior, so it’s pretty rare I drink Guinness anymore.

Dave

flavio80

Intl. correspondent

Keen - tell me more about Julia Roberts

RP - I enjoy a pint of Guinness some times. It’s full of flavour, and is perhaps very caloric as it feels like a meal. Also, it’s only 4% and I’m very, VERY weak for alcohol.

Also, that was a funny rant.

Last but not least: You're wrong 😂

Piwi - go race a 5k already, you keep wasting your fitness in those hard workouts 😁

me - I had some sort of bug over the weekend till yesterday. At first my recovery from Friday's strength training was awful, I had intense pain in my neck and back. then on Monday and Tuesday I had that weird headache when you have sinusitis. then yesterday my voice was a bit nasal, some head cold symptoms, but I thought screw this and got out there to do my workout anyway. I still had a bit of a headache/some pain behind my eyes in the evening.

I threw everything I had at this cold. A Multivitaminic (vit D, vit C, vit B6, zinc, selenium), quercetin, drank some powerades, tons of water, warm non caffeinated tea and some probiotics at night to help keep the gut in check.

Also an anti allergic spray. And also a cream the doctor prescribed for ear itching, it seems useful to kill whatever is causing mayhem between my throat and my ears.

I seem better now, fingers crossed.

PRs: 1500 4:54.1 2019 - 5K 17:53 2023 - 10K 37:55 2023 - HM 1:21:59 2021

Up next: no idea

Tool to generate Strava weekly

Ian5

Jmac-Put Antwerp down as a sub 3:05 attempt please.I also have Fleetwood HM on 21st August,I'll be hoping for 1:25 there if I'm getting in to the shape I need to be.

5k 17:35,10k 36:43,10m 61:55,HM 1:24:03,Full 3:07:39

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Guinness - only alcoholic drink I can never drink again. I've had my fair share of bad drinking experiences in college, but something about a night of Irish car bombing has made me sick even at the smell of Guinness. I've heard someone have something similar with Doritos: ate it one night when drinking too much and can never eat them again.

Flavio - feel better. I feel like everyone has gotten way more sick over the last 12 months than prior, probably because our bodies just did no work fending off any viruses for a solid yearlong period.

Ian - that's a great goal. I have it in my spreadsheet, will update front page soon.

Piwi - I agree with Flavio: don't waste that fitness!

Running Problem

Problem Child

I am highly suspicious of your orange American cheese.  Is it radioactive?

You tell me.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

Running Problem

Problem Child

The 2019 threads called.  They said they want their jokes back and it's high time you got some new ones.

See the source image

It's getting hardcore in the racing thread. Competitive Jerks inbound.

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22