iPhone app (Read 4187 times)

I just got a shiny new Droid and am thinking about writing an app to pull in my RA info. Is there a public API/web service to plug into for stuff like that?
      "If you want to be a pompous dorkwad, there's an app for that.

But a mobile site would be cool."

Ha, cracks me up! 

+1 for mobile site so all can enjoy.

If you want to be a pompous dorkwad, there's an app for that.

But a mobile site would be cool.

If it weren't for pompous dorkwads, this site wouldn't exist :-)

Ok, perhaps not all software guys are pompous, but we're all dorkwads in our own dorkwaddy way. 

RunAsics

Person of Interest

I just got a shiny new Droid and am thinking about writing an app to pull in my RA info. Is there a public API/web service to plug into for stuff like that?

DO IT!   I need more apps for my Droid...

"Only a few more laps to go and then the action will begin, unless this is the action, which it is."

There's no API but I'd be happy to create one for you if you want to create a mobile app.

I look my best blurry!

iPhone app would be awesome!  Me, too!

I'm on Android 1.6.  I'd gladly test/steal any app you rolled using said API's. 

iPhone app would be awesome!  Me, too!

OK, let's talk feature sets - what kind of functionality would you want from this app?

Just to be able to upload workouts?  I can see Garmin uploads from the iPhone being a slight issue (although I haven't actually looked at any code), so doubt that could be done.

Read/post to forums?

Good things that I can think of:

a) Download a route, and show where you are on it;

b) Let you run that route, and beep (or something) when you go off course.

c) ?

Do what you want, just how you like. Nobody has to know.

+1 for the mobile site.  I'll be getting an iPhone, but had a Blackjack, and know how nice something like that would have been :-) and how a single development could impact a much more broad audience.
                    "Running the race..." Hebrews 12:1-3

Why do I run?
                    To break a 26.2 PR of 3:56 | To break a 13.1 PR of 1:44 | For my wife | For my son | For myself
                    poutericky

mobile site should suffice... hopefully not much more than css changes would be needed.

but make the api available... someone might build it (maybe even me). I end up logging most of my non gps stuff by phone anyway.

Webike.us - I'm not just a runner.

+1

2012: Just run.

Drum

+1!!!
                            Iphone app would be cool.  I'd pay $5 for it.

Thunder smash!

There's no API but I'd be happy to create one for you if you want to create a mobile app.

Eric,

Is anyone actually working on an Android app?  Have you managed to expose an API?

Derek

Derek

Kill

Derek! Good to see you back!

Passion is a rather frightening thing because if you have passion you don't know where it will take you.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?