iPhone app (Read 4493 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Derek! Good to see you back!

What he said!  *waves*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

derek

Derek! Good to see you back!

For now :-)

I haven't been running due to a cronic problems with my Achilles, but I'm giving it a shot again.  Just running a couple a miles a day for now and trying regular icing.

Derek

derek

What he said!  *waves*

Thanks....it's like visiting old friends after being away for a while :-)

Derek

eric :)

Welcome back Derek!  I don't have an API yet, but it's in the works.  If you're interested in creating a Droid app, let me know what you would like to see in the API and I can whip it up for you pretty quickly.

derek

Welcome back Derek!  I don't have an API yet, but it's in the works.  If you're interested in creating a Droid app, let me know what you would like to see in the API and I can whip it up for you pretty quickly.

Eric,

Yes, I would be interested in creating an Android app.  I would imagine the first feature to implement would be the ability to create a new run/swim/bike/etc entry so an API to allow that would be great.  Run entries use equipment, so the ability to get a list of the user's equipment would be good.  I would suggest we start with this for the first phase.

Once that is done, then next step would be to be able to pull and view past entries and to provide some basic stats (weekly mileage etc).

What form would the API take?  WebService?  If possible, my preference would be some kind of REST API with either XML or JSON encoded data instead of SOAP

Perhaps we can take this discussion offline? Or perhaps I should start a new thread just for the Android app and try to get feedback from your users?

Derek

Derek

Wingz

Professional Noob

Thanks....it's like visiting old friends after being away for a while :-)

You should come back even if you're not running.  Always good to see you.

Roads were made for journeys...

Yes, let's take this offline.

Cryptic

any update on the iphone app?

There is no iPhone app yet.  I worked with Derek to come up with an API that lets his app access RA directly.  If anyone is interested in creating an iPhone app, send me a private message and I'll provide access to the API.

The next version of RA will also be mobile friendly.  It may not be a complete mobile version, but should make browsing easier.

fengyingsama

spam
                      xor

Yo.

It's still spam when you put that shit in your sig.

(look at me.  I'm talking to a bot.  Must be time for beer)

T.Finkenauer

Running Ninja

+1. At a minimum, an http:// m.runningahead.com site would be great...and far easier to build.

Definitely. That way it would work for Android or any other mobile device.

I have an iPod Touch, but it is very difficult to add a weight lifting entry for example. While the site "works," there is a lot of annoying zooming in and out required.

--------------------------------------------------------- F = (mt)/v "It's not the fall that kills you, but the sudden stop."

Dave

My workaround for posting here using my Ipad is somewhat convoluted but does work.

Once I start a post, it brings up the standard editing screen.  I click on HTML to switch to HTML editing.  At this point, you can't click into the editing box to start typing.  You have to close out of the virtual keyboard and click back into the box to get a cursor to start typing. 

From there you can type your post and click the Post button to submit it.

Adding images from the design screen works but the layout on the screen hides the buttons to either switch back into HTML mode or Post.

I ran a mile and I liked it, liked it, liked it.

dgb2n@yahoo.com

Bobalooga

me too
                                +1 on mobile friendly or an iPhone app.

Please read/comment on my blog!

http://runreview.blogspot.com