Baklava for Breakfast! (Read 1463 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

'Tis the Season! Hmmm...is there any better running fuel than baklava...phyllo pastry, sugar, butter, lemon juice...? I should start putting slices in baggies for long runs! Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Mmmm. Yummy! Terribly sinful, but... Yummy!

Roads were made for journeys...

I read this post about 8 hours ago & the answer is No. I can't think of a better fuel for a morning run than baklava. I almost never run in the morning & I might consider changing my ways if I can have baklava. My Indian mother-in-law makes a killer baklava. This woman loves me. I know what I'm asking for Christmas. Thank you.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

The bad thing is that I didn't even run today! Tongue But tomorrow I will be running...probably will just have PB on toast. Man, I should have saved the baklava for then! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My husband is either the worst man on Earth or the best. He made a pan for a JDRF benefit bake sale this weekend and will make another pan tonite. All of the little odd edge pieces we are eating and sharing with his co-workers. Damn, I feel sick and it's not even 7:30 AM.... Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My Indian mother-in-law makes a killer baklava. This woman loves me. I know what I'm asking for Christmas. Thank you.
              BTW, did you ever get your Christmas gift? Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

As a matter of fact I didn't. She regularly sends home lots of goodies but, I haven't seen baklava yet this year. I'll mention it to her when my wife & daughter aren't listening, they know I can eat my body weight in baklava. We did just have dosas. That's an Indian crepe prepared with flour made from ground rice & lentils. It's kind of labor intensive so, my mother-in-law makes the batter for us & sends it home with my wife. You stuff it with potatoes & drizzle it with chutney. That's good eating.
                  Mmmm Baklava ... makes me want to go back to Greece!
                  2009: BQ?
                    peanut butter + wheat bread + milk = mmmmmm or peanut butter + honey maid graham crackers + milk = mmmmmm Big grin The peanut butter must be JIF or other modal approved manufacturer. Not big fan of baklava... but maybe the baklava I've been getting is bad...

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not big fan of baklava... but maybe the baklava I've been getting is bad...
                      That would be my guess. I've had some that is better than others. I love the recipe we use...very simple, but godawful addictive! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

T'is the season. We still had a lot left after last night's party, so I had baklava for breakfast before my race (and some after). That is THE perfect running food! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

T'is the season. We still had a lot left after last night's party, so I had baklava for breakfast before my race (and some after). That is THE perfect running food! Big grin k
                          Oh man, that sounds so good. What race, K -- did I miss a report?
                          2009: BQ?
                          zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh man, that sounds so good. What race, K -- did I miss a report?
                            There's one in the racing folder. Nice time...but I still didn't run nearly enough to justify recent eating trends. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

is there any better running fuel than baklava
                              Yes. Pop Tarts.
                              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Yes. Pop Tarts.
                                Yuck. That's one snacky/breakfast sweet that I have never gotten. Though I do loves me some Toaster Strudels. Evil grin

~ Sarah Kay