Fav underpronator shoe? (Read 61 times)

dirtroadrunner

I'm getting ready to replace my zero drop altras. I previously ran in some Newtons and liked them but they aggravated my bunion issue. I liked some asics a few years ago. And disliked some ghosts.  Anyway was wondering what some others favorites where. The only thing I'm looking for is a bit of cushion.

Runnergirltx

I have similar issues and have had great success with the Brooks Launch (I have run 3 marathons in them). I also run in the Nike Vomero on occasion.  Good luck!

I like the Saucony Virrata and the Sketchers Go Run Ride.  Both are lightweight but have enough cushion right where I need it...the mid/forefeet area.  The Rides are more cushy but slightly heavier, and I prefer them for everyday training, the Virratas for speed work/races.  The original Brooks Pure flow is great as well, but I hate the crazy upper on the newer version.

Puma FAAS 500 v2. My favorite shoe that I have run in this year, including Kinvara, Virratta, Pure Flow, Pure Cadence and Go Run Ride.

Bruno

I am a huge fan of the Nike Vomero, though this is a shoe with a traditional heel toe drop.  I do the bulk of my training runs in these as well as Saucony Cortanas and Kinvaras. Those two have a 4mm heel toe drop.   I love the Kinvaras too which would be similar to a zero drop Altra with more cushion, but I got a great deal on several pair of the original edition so I am still running in Kinvara 1s and I think they are now selling Kinvara 4s.

Good luck!

dirtroadrunner

Thanks everyone!! Going to check those shoes out Smile

dirtroadrunner

I decided on the pureflows. We will see how I fair tomorrow