Talks to me about Lou Reed (Read 145 times)

lagwagon

"Remember the princess who lived on the hill?  Who loved you, even though she knew you was wrong..."

got a lot of time kicking around brooklyn today and tomorrow to loop this through my brain.  some songs just stick with me, this being one of them.  since high school in fact.  probably b/c its a great song, and a lot of the lyrics seem autobiographical.

I'll have to find a way to replace it with Dirty Blvd or There is No Time before the start of the marathon tomorrow.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And in case you don't know Laurie Anderson, a reasonable place to start. She was a big part of the soundtrack of my late teen years.

xhristopher

Touching but didn't we boycott Rolling Stone?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dude, I read this and shared this without paying for it. It's like stealing from the enemy.

xhristopher

True but I'm sure they have figured out how to monetize clicks and views so the more we socialize their content the mote they thrive.

mta: If we really want to steal from the enemy we could cut and paste but that would probably cause problems for Eric and that's bad. Carry on please.

Joann Y

Thanks for that. What a cool, weird video. You must have had some interesting teenage years.

A couple of things about the article -

"LIke many couples, we each constructed ways to be - strategies, and sometimes compromises, that would enable us to be part of a pair."

^^This is so so necessary.

"As meditators, we had prepared for this – how to move the energy up from the belly and into the heart and out through the head. I have never seen an expression as full of wonder as Lou’s as he died. His hands were doing the water-flowing 21-form of tai chi. His eyes were wide open. I was holding in my arms the person I loved the most in the world, and talking to him as he died. His heart stopped. He wasn’t afraid. I had gotten to walk with him to the end of the world. Life – so beautiful, painful and dazzling – does not get better than that. And death? I believe that the purpose of death is the release of love

^^What a beautiful death. This is something that takes effort and practice and is totally neglected, for the most part, in our society. So much to admire in his life and death.