Virtual Runs (Read 217 times)

#artbydmcbride

It doesn't have to be on a treadmill, it can be in your own backyard...around and around..

Runners run

Joann Y

This is 2016. You can do whatever you want baby!

Tar Heel Mom

kween

It doesn't have to be on a treadmill, it can be in your own backyard...around and around..

Oh, yeah, I'd do that. (no, I wouldn't)

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

Kalsarikännit

Forget the BQ and go straight to the medal. I've got various sizes (from the 2001 medal that was regular race medal size, up to the 2015 medal that's basically the size of a salad plate) of Boston Finishers medals: $149 ea.

Psssh.  Worthless. Everyone knows at Boston the Sweet Jacket is where it's at.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Psssh.  Worthless. Everyone knows at Boston the Sweet Jacket is where it's at.

So what's the charge for a virtual jacket? Does the customer get to pick the background for the photo?

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

EricaSch

Hey, everyone. I work for ACTIVE.com and we recently wrote an article about Virtual Races. (http://www.active.com/running/articles/what-exactly-is-a-virtual-race)

A big pro of participating in virtual races is the camaraderie of your fellow "racers", as there are often people from across the country communicating with and supporting each other from miles away. Many virtual races let you complete the distance at your own pace so there's a bit more flexibility for people who might not be ready to commit to a set race date.

Of course, there's always an opposing side to every argument. Some runners think virtual races take away from the race day experience and atmosphere.

#artbydmcbride

Hey, everyone. I work for ACTIVE.com and we recently wrote an article about Virtual Races. (http://www.active.com/running/articles/what-exactly-is-a-virtual-race)

A big pro of participating in virtual races is the camaraderie of your fellow "racers", as there are often people from across the country communicating with and supporting each other from miles away. Many virtual races let you complete the distance at your own pace so there's a bit more flexibility for people who might not be ready to commit to a set race date.

Of course, there's always an opposing side to every argument. Some runners think virtual races take away from the race day experience and atmosphere.

like you could take naps between laps?

Runners run

kilkee

runktrun

like you could take naps between laps?

Just like Bob!

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

... Many virtual races let you complete the distance at your own pace so there's a bit more flexibility ....

You might be surprised to find out that some real races also let runners complete the distance at their own pace.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Kalsarikännit

there are often people from across the country communicating with and supporting each other from miles away

Wait...where do I have to go to find this?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

Feeling the growl again

Hey, everyone. I work for ACTIVE.com

I hate you already.  Get off my lawn.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Feeling the growl again

You might be surprised to find out that some real races also let runners complete the distance at their own pace.

I hate that race marshall who follows me around with a cattle prod.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

I kind of wish my last one had.

kilkee

runktrun

I would pay a premium to be prodded along to a faster time.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

IZZAT RIGHT? tell ya what, i'll do it for free

I would pay a premium to be prodded along to a faster time.