my old friend, my old shoe (Read 483 times)

Been running for about a year and just retired my first pair of 'real' running shoes (Saucony Omni 7) at 800 miles!!  I know, I know, I should have swapped them out at about 500 miles but honestly, they still feel great.  I tried to rotate another pair in at about 400 miles but started getting leg and calf pain and reverted back.  Been running in the new shoes for a few days with no issues but fear the pain will return.  Any advice on transitioning or choosing a new shoe?

Member Since 2008

Go to a good shoe store that specializes only in running and get tested and fitted properly.

The nearest one is in Augusta.

ALL THINGS RUNNING

616 Edgefield rd. #180

North Augusta, S.C.

(803)424-1474

It may be a little drive, but it will be worth it. 

Arrogant Bastard....Ale

If they still feel great why retire them?
          I got evaluated and have bought two pairs of shoes from the running store you listed and they were a big help.  I feel the new shoes are the right fit however they are a different brand and change my running dynamics slightly causing me to lean forward a bit more as I run and may have contributed to leg pain experienced earlier.  I think I can transition but wonder if I should slowly switch over or just ditch the old shoes.  I'm also thinking maybe I should stick to one brand of shoe to eliminate variables.
          Ed4

Barefoot and happy

If you really feel fine at 800 miles, keep using them.  There's nothing magical about 500 miles. 
            Curious about running barefoot? Visit the new barefoot running group.
              Ed and  Egg,

You have good points.

They do still feel great!  The tread shows just a little wear and the stitching is intact.  Think I'll continue to run with them as long as I can and slowly work in my new pair.