Anyone wear Soleaus GPS watch? (Read 74 times)

KellyMarie

Hello everyone!

i was wondering if anyone on the forum had experience with soleaus GPS watches? I've read a lot about Garmin watches but I just want a really simple GPS watch that will tell me my time and distance. Any advice or opinions are appreciated!

Jon the Freshman

I've had my soleus for over a year now and have had no problems. The battery gets you through 4-5 runs depending on your time and distance, and it tells you all you need to know about your run. It doesn't hook up to your computer to download your data, but for only $100 its a great gps watch.

Kelly, you might want to check out the Timex GPS Marathon watch as an alternative.   I dont know much about either but I'm leaning towards the Timex.....but its  a basic watch and you can get one for $65 to $80 depending on if you find a deal...

Champions are made when no one is watching

KellyMarie

Thank you both for your replies!

I'll have to check into the Timex Marathon watch.

Thanks again,

Kelly

Ive had the Soleus 1.0 for a couple of years and its never failed me. Was only $90. Not uploadable but does what I need fine.

55+ PBs 5k 18:36 June 3rd TT

" If you don't use it you lose it,  but if you use it, it wears out.

Somewhere in between is about right "      

Chuck1945

I have had  a Soleus for almost two years. It does a good job tracking a run but ... You can only get any sort of a breakdown such as overall pace, pace per lap, etc once the run is over and you have saved the data using the 'run data' function. This is fine unless you want to get an idea regarding pace during the run without doing calculations in your head as you go. Furthermore, the algorithm Soleus uses to compute pace is messed up, giving a slower result than actual. For example, the last jog I did using my Soleus was 9 miles with a reported overall average pace of 14:17, my RunKeeper iPhone app said 13:51. The RunKeeper results were within a couple of seconds of what I calculated myself based on overall time (both Soleus and RunKeeper agreed on that).