Workouts not posting to Facebook (Read 1904 times)

mark-bixler

I haven't had a workout post to Facebook since 5/12/11.  Is this something that is only available to subscribers or could there be a technical problem?

Listen. Yeah, it's gonna hurt some. That's the marathon business.

But here's the thing. When it starts to get intense, that's not time to panic. This is what you wanted to happen. It means that all the training, all the miles, all the wakeups, all the cold, all the wet, all the sleep-deprived days and all the shit you've done to yourself over the last 6 plus months is finally about to pay off. It means you've put yourself where you wanted to be. You've given yourself an opportunity that very few will ever have. You've given yourself a chance.

Now finish it.

eric :)

mark-bixler,

I am fairly confident this is a Facebook problem.  Many users reported this issue several weeks ago.  I put in traces in the code to see if there are errors on RA's side.  There weren't any.  All I know is that RA has been sending the posts to FB and FB has been silently dropping them.  The only fix I found is clearing the permissions you granted to RA.  To do this, within the app, click on the Preferences tab, then click the "Clear Permissions" button.  After that, you should see the Publish button.  Click it and let RA publish to your wall again.

eric Smile

I tried everything you suggested in the ohter FB thread, but nothing worked. This finally did the magic. Thank you, Eric!

Same problem here. The reset permissions button seems to do the trick for me. Last about 2 weeks or so before it needs to be reset again, I just have to keep an eye on it.

Hi

I do have a question about the stats on facebook. Somehow my stats only counts km's from fitness activities, not from other types of activities. The 10.1 km in the stats are based on the 1.26 km crosstrainer showed in the image below and the 2 cardiobike activities of last monday. The stats tab also only shows fitness activities.  I've searched the help section, but couldn't find an explanation and also on the preferences tab i couldn't find a setting wich limits the activities in the stats. All my activities show up on my wall. So that is not the problem.

Can someone enlight me on this?

Thanks in advance

Dirk

Luv4retrievers

Eric,

I have no option to clear preferences:

Facebook preferences
              Profile access: Let Facebook display your workouts entered in RunningAHEAD:
              Gravelrunner

Running blows

Same here, it posts in my training log, but not as a status.  I know of a couple other running logs that update directly to Facebook's status with no problem.

Where are we going and why are we in this handbasket?

Lazy idiot

Same here, it posts in my training log, but not as a status.  I know of a couple other running logs that update directly to Facebook's status with no problem.

The RA log does not post as a status by design, I believe. 

Tick tock

Just linked up my FB account with my RA account. Not seeing my posts on FB. When in FB, and I'm in the RA app, and I click on the Preferences tab (http://apps.facebook.com/runningahead/preferences) I see the strangest thing happen, and it's repeatable (I wish I could capture it in a video):

while the page is loading, I can see a table titled "Facebook preferences" and in that table a "Publish" button appears. But after the page loads, the button disappears! And it happens every time I reload the page!

Anyone else see this phenomenon?

I suspect that a javascript function is basically firing when the page finally loads and "rubbing out" that button! Arggh!

I'm running Google chrome on linux v 13.0.782.107.

Luv4retrievers

That's happening to me also jhorner.

Hi

I do have a question about the stats on facebook. Somehow my stats only counts km's from fitness activities, not from other types of activities. The 10.1 km in the stats are based on the 1.26 km crosstrainer showed in the image below and the 2 cardiobike activities of last monday. The stats tab also only shows fitness activities.  I've searched the help section, but couldn't find an explanation and also on the preferences tab i couldn't find a setting wich limits the activities in the stats. All my activities show up on my wall. So that is not the problem.

Can someone enlight me on this?

Thanks in advance

Dirk

Dirk,

What other activities should you be seeing?  The image you're showing is in agreement with your training log.

Luv4retrievers, Gravelrunner and jhorner,

I am seeing the same problem as you.  This is another bug caused by Facebook.  This happens every so often when FB pushes out new updates.  I'll look into it when I get a chance.

eric Smile

Dirk,

What other activities should you be seeing?  The image you're showing is in agreement with your training log.

hi Eric,

The activities aren't wrong, but the distance stats aren't in sync with the activities. The stats are only from fitness activities. I probably have set something somewhere, but i can't figure out which setting i have to change to count all my activities in the stats.

this Dirk could give a *&^% about anything posting to Facebook.

Get off my porch

pdxmark2

I don't see a "clear permissions" button on my preferences tab in Facebook. I'm using Firefox 8. What is the screen supposed to look like? I just see a link that says "Unlink my RunningAhead and Facebook accounts." I have done that a few times -- unlinked and re-linked-- and makes not difference. My workouts are going to my log in the app just fine, but no Facebook status updates for probably a month or six weeks now...