Things that are startling... (Read 1125 times)

xor

It tastes different because there's other stuff in it.

xor

I think corn starch is the other stuff. Yeah it doesn't work for much. 

BTW sorry I missed you at monkey. I think I saw you but was shy because you're all like famous and stuff.

Apparently corn starch or other chemical tomfoolery for "anti-caking".  Which is fun because sometimes you might dust a cake-like product with it.  Does it cause the cake to melt?  Does the world end when cake comes into contact with anti-cake???

I am not any sort of famous. And I looked for you, but did not know who I was looking for.

I did, however, help stuff your packet.  oo lah lah.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It tastes different because there's other stuff in it.

The stuff we have just has cornstarch, which I've never realized had that much flavor, but it must.  It's not a good flavor, either.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

The stuff we have just has cornstarch, which I've never realized had that much flavor, but it must.  It's not a good flavor, either.

Oh hell no.  It will definitely destroy a cup of coffee.

Except dunkn donuts coffee, which it probably improves.

(joke)

((or is it?))

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I did, however, help stuff your packet.  oo lah lah.

On any place other than an endurance sports site this would take on a whole 'nother meaning...  Kinda like the cyclocross "hole shot."  First time I heard that I'm certain I snickered like a 12 year old boy. Tongue

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Except dunkn donuts coffee, which it probably improves.

(joke)

((or is it?))

No, I think you're right.  I don't get the DD coffee love.  I think it's gross.

~ Sarah Kay

Then you can have anti-coffee with your anti-cake.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Chris UK

Not being sugar takers in our house if a visitor does request sweetener in their drink I am always strugggling to find any. My eyesight not being quite what it was when younger, on two occassions now I have mistakenly added SALT. The look on their faces was something to behold.

I would heartily recommend this if you have an unwelcome visitor and want to get on with your day. Wink

3000 miles

Sub 19:00 for 5K  05-03-13 Clee Prom 5K - 19:00:66 that was bloody close!

Sub-40:00 for 10K 17-03-13 Gainsborough 10K - 39:43

Sub 88:00 for HM

A while back I was in my (ex-) girlfriend's kitchen, and she took an ice-cream bucket out of her fridge, scooped out a big spoonful, and fed it to me... POTATO SALAD.  

(Also, I hate potato salad.) 

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

Double Zout licorice

(For those that know licorice, but don't know Double Zout, you don't know what I'm talking about.  For those that have had this treat, you know what I'm talking about.  For those that like this treat, you're not like the majority of people I know)

I used to have a candy jar on my desk at the office with the stuff mixed in with other traditional candy.  Funny watching when people picked out the prize unknowingly.

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

Pickle Juice

When I bike, I occasionally carry a bottle of pickle juice. 

I also carry gatorade that I pre-mix (and sometimes, it's the yellow gatorade).

I sip pickle juice slowly.

I drink gatorade...

When I have yellow gatorade, and I get the pickle juiced mixed up with the gatorade while riding, I get a startling surprise

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

bhearn

Things that are startling:

The 12 year old (Christopher Rayder) who ran 3:55 at the Flying Monkey Marathon on Sunday. Who is also a Marathon Maniac, with at least 8 marathons under his belt, and ran < 3:30 at Grandfather Mountain.

He took off at HHFMM with the leaders. I didn't pass him until around M12. This kid is going to be fast when he grows up.

Um... gross?

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Pickle Juice

I also carry gatorade that I pre-mix (and sometimes, it's the yellow gatorade).

I sip pickle juice slowly.

I drink gatorade...

When I have yellow gatorade, and I get the pickle juiced mixed up with the gatorade while riding, I get a startling surprise

Why?  

steph  

Roses Revenge

Let's just say that the identical size, shape and color bottle of eyedrops and the bottle of nail glue no longer live in the same place.  That resulted in a visit to the ER.  However, the opthalmologist told me that the chemical compound was the same stuff they use to repair torn corneas.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!