Things that are startling... (Read 1125 times)

xor

Good lord, I would have been puking like another member of this forum did for the last mile.

Roses Revenge

Eyes Wide Shut.

(And I'll admit, I read "nail glue" and was thinking, Liquid Nails?  How could you confuse that for eyedrops?

Notice I said identical size, shape and color of bottle.  Both on the bathroom shelf.  Early morning and my eyes felt scratchy, so I decided to use some eyedrops.  Immediate burning sensation.  Looked at the bottle, went to where DH was and told him I'd done something stupid and needed to go to ER.  He didn't even question me.  I did have the presence of mind to take the nail glue with me, so they knew what I'd done.  I didn't really get it in my eye, it mostly just glued the eyelashes together, but did get a scratched cornea once it hardened.  Mostly it was embarassing.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Jill_B

I fly.

Notice I said identical size, shape and color of bottle.  Both on the bathroom shelf.  Early morning and my eyes felt scratchy, so I decided to use some eyedrops.  Immediate burning sensation.  Looked at the bottle, went to where DH was and told him I'd done something stupid and needed to go to ER.  He didn't even question me.  I did have the presence of mind to take the nail glue with me, so they knew what I'd done.  I didn't really get it in my eye, it mostly just glued the eyelashes together, but did get a scratched cornea once it hardened.  Mostly it was embarassing.

That happens a lot.

Bring it on.

Jill_B

I fly.

Around mile 24 at the Flying Monkey a volunteer offered me Mt. Dew and pickles. It was a surprisingly good combination at that point of the run. 

I stopped and stared at the pickles for a good 30 seconds before I realized that I probably could use the salt.  I'm pretty sure the reason that I didn't vomit after the Monkey is that pickle... (TMI?  Oh well).

Bring it on.

arcarojb

At our local Japanese/Chinese/Sushi buffet there is a big bowl of green...wasabi...It is always interesting to watch people dig into it, thinking it's guacamole...I know, right, what's guac doing on an Asian buffet...

It's never too late to be what you might have been. George Eliot

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
            Thomas A. Edison

xor

Sitting in a line of traffic on a drawbridge and getting rear-ended.

That was startling.

Sigh.

(the other car slid on the metal grating of the bridge, that's why I mentioned the bridge)

A Saucy Wench

Get your car checked out anyway Robert.  Even if you cant see the damage if the bumper got compressed it wont work if there is another bump.

Startling - one of our "go-to" spots burned to the ground.  I hope they can rebuild, we have very few spots without a long long drive.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

rlemert

One thing that frequently startles me is when I'm going up or down a set of stairs and can't see where I'm stepping. I'll invariably either find one extra step that I wasn't expecting - or search for a step that isn't there. Either way, having the whole body go off-balance can get real exciting.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

At our local Japanese/Chinese/Sushi buffet there is a big bowl of green...wasabi...It is always interesting to watch people dig into it, thinking it's guacamole...I know, right, what's guac doing on an Asian buffet...

Oh, that's a hard lesson to learn!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Sitting in a line of traffic on a drawbridge and getting rear-ended.

That was startling.

Sigh.

(the other car slid on the metal grating of the bridge, that's why I mentioned the bridge)

Bridges make me really nervous during rain or snow.  Sorry you got bumped.  I agree with Ennay, get it checked-out for your own safety.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

One thing that frequently startles me is when I'm going up or down a set of stairs and can't see where I'm stepping. I'll invariably either find one extra step that I wasn't expecting - or search for a step that isn't there. Either way, having the whole body go off-balance can get real exciting.

I'm amazed that more people don't break things from this phenomenon.  When DS was little and had to be carried up and down the stairs I would count...partly for him to learn his numbers, but also because I couldn't see the top or bottom step and didn't want to fall while carrying him.

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

You mean it isn't Pistachio Ice Cream?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Going to bed with a scratchy throat... putting chloraseptic sore throat on bedside table.. waking up with sore/scratchy throat... spraying what I think is the chloraseptic spray... only to find out it is vanilla body spray from bath & body works = startling.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Going to bed with a scratchy throat... putting chloraseptic sore throat on bedside table.. waking up with sore/scratchy throat... spraying what I think is the chloraseptic spray... only to find out it is vanilla body spray from bath & body works = startling.

But did it make your throat feel better?

~ Sarah Kay

Well, now that you mention it, I remember I was so busy retching I forgot that my throat hurt. A new home remedy is born! Smile