Things that are startling... (Read 1125 times)

Not to me, but I was there.  My sister and I, kids at the beach, seagulls flying overhead.  We are eating icecream cones at a picnic table.  We finish them.  She sees what she thinks is a little blob of ice cream on the table and wipes it up and into her mouth.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Soy sauce when you think it's coca cola.

Like the time we kids gave a friend black olive juice while saying it's Coke.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not to me, but I was there.  My sister and I, kids at the beach, seagulls flying overhead.  We are eating icecream cones at a picnic table.  We finish them.  She sees what she thinks is a little blob of ice cream on the table and wipes it up and into her mouth.

Doood...you win! Dead

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ha!  And, again... Dead

~ Sarah Kay

rlemert

Things that are startling?

Charly Horses in the middle of the night!

I generally wake up in the middle of the night, wonder why I'm awake, and the "BAM!!!!!!!"

The first time it happened after I got married, my wife woke up wondering if I was dieing. Then she tried to be helpful by rubbing my calf - only she was working on the wrong leg. Big help!

(She did finally understand what was going on when I managed to get her to the correct leg.)

when your own dog turns off the safety and shoots you in the ass.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/man-accidentally-shot-own-dog-221644169.html

god, I hate when that happens.  what's the world comming to when you can't trust your own dog not to shoot you?

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

I bet the dog hadn't had his hunter's safety training.

I bet the dog hadn't had his hunter's safety training.

Probably true.  He maybe heard a quack sound and just fired not realizing it was a fart.  But that's the kind of thing you expect from Dick Cheney or Bobby Knight.  A dog should know better. 

Shikari1

Cotton mouth

A coyote staring at me and my dog from 50 yards away.  We were jogging by the offices of the state park in Indy and came around the corner by the main office and there in the middle of the parking lot was a coyote.  He jumped and I jumped. He took off in the opposite direction only to realize there were people there too.  He turned around and headed back our way, stopping again when he realized we were still there.  After pondering it for about 30 seconds he decided we were the bigger threat and headed back the other way.  The best part was that my lab never realized why we stopped.Smile

Pickle Juice

When I bike, I occasionally carry a bottle of pickle juice. 

I also carry gatorade that I pre-mix (and sometimes, it's the yellow gatorade).

I sip pickle juice slowly.

I drink gatorade...

When I have yellow gatorade, and I get the pickle juiced mixed up with the gatorade while riding, I get a startling surprise

http://www.thepostgame.com/blog/chompions/201112/meet-new-energy-drink-pickle-juice

Pickle Juice... In the news...

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

joescott

those little elf-on-a-shelfs. 

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thank you!  They remind me of clowns and Oompa Loompas and marionettes -- SCARY things!

~ Sarah Kay

Yes. When I was a kid, we had some ornaments that looked like those, and I was so terrified of them that we couldn't hang them on the tree. Or even take them out of the box, for that matter.

joescott

- SCARY things!

yeah, my son put him in the fridge last night.  caught me a bit off guard when I went for the milk.  they kinda "look" at ya, you know?

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.