Boston: When is registration?? (Read 290 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The website for months has just said "registration will begin in September, 2013..."  Well, September is just days away, and we don't have a date?  Does "in September" mean September 1?  Whazzup?

mikeymike

I heard a rumor it will open Sept 23. This was from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a "reliable" source. So who knows.

Runners run

I heard a rumor it will open Sept 23. This was from a friend who heard it from a friend who heard it from a "reliable" source. So who knows.

Your best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night?

As long as it's after Sept 8 that'd suit me...

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
        We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Kalsarikännit

Do qualifying dates go right up to registration?

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

mikeymike

Do qualifying dates go right up to registration?

Until registration closes.

Runners run

Mysecondnewname

I suspect that the delay is due to 1) waiting to see how many 2013 non-finishers sign back up again and/or 2) they are negotiating with one of the smaller towns along the route for field size.

Prediction (based on no facts):  I suspect after early registration for the 2013 folks is done, a registration date will be quickly announced.  I don't think they want the start date to get into October.

Kalsarikännit

Holy crap, I asked a dumb question. I guess it didn't take me very long to forget the days of the "Last Chance for Boston" marathon in February, where you could race and they would mail in your entry form.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

FSBD

Think this article is correct?

A couple of questionable points pop out at me such as the deadline to qualify and the field size

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2013-08-28/marathoners-go-to-sioux-falls-for-spot-on-boston-starting-line

We are the music makers,

And we are the dreamers of dreams,

Wandering by lone sea-breakers,

And sitting by desolate streams; 

World-losers and world-forsakers,

On whom the pale moon gleams:

Yet we are the movers and shakers

Of the world for ever, it seems.

Hipfan

Proud Calgarian

Note the ad box that appeared earlier this week on another running website - could it have been a slip or was it a guess?

2015 Goals and PRs:

5k - 17:59 (18:05);  10k - 35:59 (36:42);   HM - 1:19:19 (1:19:59);   FM - 2:49:59 (3:05:46)

bhearn

Registration is already open for those who have run the past 10 Bostons. Not me... but it will be next year. Big grin

xhristopher

Article says "the deadline to qualify for Boston is Sept. 22."

This is inaccurate. Deadline is when it's full. 

I have a sneaking suspicion that once anything is officially posted by the BAA it might just get a mention (or 27,000) around here. Maybe. Possibly. Perhaps.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.

mikeymike

Article says "the deadline to qualify for Boston is Sept. 22."

This is inaccurate. Deadline is when it's full. 

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Runners run

HermosaBoy

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

Pearl Harbor?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Feeling the growl again

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills