What's the worst race shirt you've received? (Read 840 times)

I won't mention the race, but the shirt has lime green letters and a lavender ribbon. I can't even mow my lawn in it.

A Saucy Wench

burnt orange with yellow letters....a) it is ugly 2) the plasticky design is HUGE so you sweat like mad and the design sticks to you - so cant even sleep in it C) it is cotton and they advertised and charged for tech. I'll admit to being taken aback by the PDX marathon shirt at first last year Turquoise with red lettering is ..vivid, but now it has grown on me.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

Ah, but at least with PDX, they generally offer a choice of two colors. I stepped away from the funky turquoise shirt and grabbed a white one :-). I know I'm in the minority on this but I've grown to like my good ol' cotton shirts way more than the "technical" shirts they give at many marathons these days. I really don't like a lot of the technical shirts... some of them are el cheapos and they aren't good to run in... many are white which after a few weeks of body glide on the nipplage, they develop the dreaded brown chest stains... and NONE of them are shirts that I'd wear day-to-day (especially the translucent ones). So I'm back to digging cotton. As for ugly designs: 1. Marathon to Marathon in Iowa. Nuclear green or blue cotton shirts with giant iron-on logos that remind me of shirts I wore in 1972 as a 6 year old. 2. Crater Lake Marathon, same reason.

A Saucy Wench

Ah, but at least with PDX, they generally offer a choice of two colors. I stepped away from the funky turquoise shirt and grabbed a white one :-).
          Yeah you had to get to the expo before 4pm on saturday Tongue turquoise rocks

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

A few of the races around here have dropped cotton shirts and gone with the worst possible tech shirts that money can buy. I would always wear a cotton shirt, but I can't find one thing to do with these terrible tech shirts. They rip your nipples off if you run in them, even with body glide. I don't know who these race directors think they're going to impress with these awful shirts.
            Mishka-old log

Ram Relays Runner-Up
                I didn't realize that about the tech shirts-I'd been looking forward to a race that offered them. I don't have any cotton ones I don't like, I'm just sorta sick of piling them up, especially since I no longer use them for running. I feel guilty getting rid of them, but I hardly ever wear them anymore. Hopefully goodwill can make use of them.
                seeEricaRun

Awesome

Dare I say it? My Marine Corps Marathon (2006) shirt. It's gold, with that red logo on it, and the mock neck. It is of reasonable quality which makes me sad, but not only is it heinous, it is HUGE (even though it's a small). I loathe that thing. That picture makes that shade of yellow look a lot nicer than it is, too.
                  seeEricaRun

Awesome

I didn't realize that about the tech shirts-I'd been looking forward to a race that offered them.
                    They're not all cheap. I have a three or four nice ones that I got at races. I don't really mind the cheap ones so much, except that they tend to run HUGE. I can wear my Austin Marathon Finisher shirt as a dress, really. If I ever run that race again (which I highly recommend, by the way), I just might.
                      Dare I say it? My Marine Corps Marathon (2006) shirt. It's gold, with that red logo on it, and the mock neck. It is of reasonable quality which makes me sad, but not only is it heinous, it is HUGE (even though it's a small). I loathe that thing. That picture makes that shade of yellow look a lot nicer than it is, too.
                      Whoa, I like it!

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

I can wear my Austin Marathon Finisher shirt as a dress, really. If I ever run that race again (which I highly recommend, by the way), I just might.
                        How Mariah Carey! (google search "mariah carey michael jordan" if this doesn't make sense. She wore just a jersey for a tribute song to him at an all star game.)
                          Dead MCM shirt is the same every year, just a different color. The cut is for a man's body and it is very uncomfortable to wear for a woman's body. The National marathon shirt is also ugly-very cheap. A note about sizes. Race directors PLEASE don't let people change sizes of shirts until after the race. I order a women's small and many women like to change down when they get to packet pickup, Of course, when I get there my size is no longer there. Many races post on entries sizing info and I am tired of getting huge shirts because people don't read the info. Ok I ranted. Thanks Kathy Smile
                          seeEricaRun

Awesome

A note about sizes. Race directors PLEASE don't let people change sizes of shirts until after the race. I order a women's small and many women like to change down when they get to packet pickup, Of course, when I get there my size is no longer there. Many races post on entries sizing info and I am tired of getting huge shirts because people don't read the info. Ok I ranted. )
                            Kathy - The shirt issue is something that definitely ties my, er shirts, in a knot. If I may join you in the rant: Why is it that small are always the first to run out? You'd think that this would clue the race directors in on something, but I guess not. NYRR has a race just about every weekend, and they still haven't put that together. As an added note: not all runners are men, and runners tend to be smaller than average. So, if they have XL and XXL, I don't really understand why they can't also provide XS. Are they telling me I'm fat? Do they want me to be fat? I almost french-kissed the race director of the Cohasset Tri a few weeks ago, when I discovered at packet pickup that he'd ordered shirts (and how novel is this) in women's sizes. They were Nike Dri-Fit too. I've worn it like 100 million times already. It even says "Bring it" on the back. I love it.
                              I was actually at a race this weekend and when I checked in all had left were smalls. First time that has ever happened. I was happy! But it is an ugly shirt unfortunately.
                              Rundadrun27

I once got a race shirt from a different race than the one I was actually running. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice shirt.