srlopez, he be right (Read 1259 times)

JimR

have fun folks!
    Scout7

Physics is fun.
        srlopez? care to explain.
        And maybe there's no peace in this world, for us or for anyone else, I don't know. But I do know that, as long as we live, we must remain true to ourselves. - Spartacus

xor

You want me to explain physics? Nooooooo. PV=nRT.

Lane

You want me to explain physics? Nooooooo. PV=nRT.
            That's chemistry.

Why is it sideways?

That's chemistry.
              Maybe you learned it in chemistry class, but that's physics. Chemistry is the study of the different ways that various elements interact with each other. Physics is the study and expression of the general relationships that underlie those interactions. PV=nRT is a basic physical relationship, not a chemical relationship.
              xor

Well, in any case, please note the "No" before I presented the equation. Had I truly wanted to get physics-cal, I probably would have written "Yesssss". (and, yeah, I learned that one in Chemistry too. That was supposed to be the in-joke... saying no to physics and spouting something from high school chemistry. So it's physics too. Okey doke.)

JimR

I had a different thread title before, but decided it weren't worth it. Anyway, srlopez had made a comment in one of the richard threads about the futility of posting in them and I concurred. Neither here no there. Rich can't run so he can yak all he wants. Me, I can run. It's summer like out there, I just finished a tempo run and all's good. It's turkey weekend here in canuckieland.
                  Lane

I didn't get the joke... sorry Tongue It looks kind of like a rick-roll. Not funny if you have to explain it.
                    JimR

Maybe you learned it in chemistry class, but that's physics. Chemistry is the study of the different ways that various elements interact with each other. Physics is the study and expression of the general relationships that underlie those interactions. PV=nRT is a basic physical relationship, not a chemical relationship.
                      But physical relationships are empty without chemistry. And are couples with great chemistry destined to have test tube babies?

Why is it sideways?

But physical relationships are empty without chemistry. And are couples with great chemistry destined to have test tube babies?
                        Semantics. Big grin
                        JimR

Hey! How come nobody's posted a pic of a scantly clad female in this thread!?! I DEMAND equal treatment! Angry

#artbydmcbride

Not relevant to this forum
                            JimR

pic of ilene in a 'kini
                              Geez, you look better than I thought.
                              JimR

BTW, in regards to V02 Max, don't let the strawman fool you. V02 max is a measured value, not a theoretical one. Anyone taking a proper V02 max test will reach their V02 max. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VO2_max "maximum capacity of an individual's body to transport and utilize oxygen during incremental exercise. ... intensity is progressively increased while measuring ventilation and oxygen and carbon dioxide concentration of the inhaled and exhaled air. VO2 max is reached when oxygen consumption remains at steady state despite an increase in workload" http://sportsmedicine.about.com/od/anatomyandphysiology/a/VO2_max.htm "VO2 max refers to the maximum amount of oxygen that an individual can utilize during intense or maximal exercise. ... Measuring an accurate VO2 max requires an all-out effort (usually on a treadmill or bicycle) performed under a strict protocol in a sports performance lab. These protocols involve specific increases in the speed and intensity of the exercise and collection and measurement of the volume and oxygen concentration of inhaled and exhaled air. This determines how much oxygen the athlete is using"