New and improved Saturday Penguins! (Read 544 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 

What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!) 

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Time to enjoy the fast loading, spam free environment!

Please wipe your feet at the door, we don't want to track any spam over here!

tracilynn

Thanks for starting us off gus!  I hope some RA members join our penguin group.  

AFM im resting my right knee as my ITB has flared again.  Ive taken 3 days off and will attempt trails tomorrow morning with my trails group.   My injury has come at a terrible time as I have eaten my weight in thanksgiving food and really need to run "this" off. Ugh.  Ha. 

Looking forward to the ALABAMA AUBURN game later.  woot.

Take care penguins

Traci

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

PS...gus...your avatar is AWESOME.  kiss. Woohoo love it

~~~~~~~

Traci

Hey, all! I used to post in the Penguins threads on RWOL a few years ago, then migrated over to the Trail Forum. The trailers are very, very quiet here, so I thought I'd poke my head in and say hi to the penguins. 

3 miles today, nothing special either way, although one hip has been bothering me a little. I'm hoping it's shoe-related and will clear up when the shoes I ordered the other day get here.

Thanks for the start, Gustav, and hope your ITB problems clear up soon, tracilynn!

an amazing likeness

Wouldn't this (social) topic be better off in the "BF and Beyond" user group rather than here in a running topic area? Confused

I see "daily" threads started in Running 101, General Running and in the BF group....just wondering how this is going to play out, and still make it easy and comfortable for people to post running questions and running topics amongst the social ones.

You're just confusing the crap out of me, and my tired old brain can't figure out what's going on...

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Thanks for posting this. We have been discussing how to move out of our little corner and fit in without offending anyone. Give us a couple of days to get this figured out.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

So I guess the question arises - where should this thread go. I thought putting it here would also open it to new people so we wouldn't be segregated. Any thoughts?

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Traclynn - did you see that ITB info I had posted? I can repost it if you need it. My wife and another couple dressed as Kiss for a Halloween party. We even sang Rock and Roll All Night karaoke style!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.  I, too, followed the bread crumbs over here. I hope to see many of the others at some point.

Traci: I feel your pain! I have been obsessively stretching and rolling my ITB and only just the other day had my first pain free run in a while. Six miles! It felt great. I hope you get better. I think rest is also important.

tracilynn

Gustav, yes thank you for the article and the stretch.  That pigeon stretch is one of my faves and Im pretty sure I have read every single article there is about ITBS.  I do my mrtyl hip/ core exercises, foam roll, stretch, ice, rest, shoes,  inserts, less than 10% rule, etc etc etc etc and it still flares up.  Im starting to think I have some kind of skeletal deformity or something. Ugh.  Thanks though.

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

Hey jack!  Glad to hear you were able to run 6!  Thats great!

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning Penguins! Another SRD for me. Still a little sore from my race Thursday, but I'll get back on the wagon tomorrow. Did go for a long, brisk walk with my boyfriend and his dog this morning though. Nice to see some of you over here!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Hi, Penguins!  So many here already.  Spam over there sucks monkey balls.  Fuck.

I am allowed to say fuck, right? I like this place already!

12 miles with 4 @ MP this morning while watching the sunrise and running on the beach at South Beach.  I had not done that in a while.  Very nice to get out of my regular routes.

Have a great day!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

FOUND YOU !!!!! 

DW and i ran a quick 5 this morning after 2 RD's.  Rationalized that we deserved it after 10 mile PR on Wednesday.  Coldest run yet, but no wind. Hoping to stay away from tracks as long as possible.

Have to browse RA sometime and see what's here.  Still using daily mile for logging runs.

Have a great weekend Penguins.

Jerry