300 (Read 2711 times)

Mr Play

You are a machine.

Gongrats, SRL, that's a serious body of work right there.

And nice tights in that first pic.  Dude.

Nicely done SRL. You da man!

Are your tights tucked into your socks?

~Sara
      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

xor

Nicely done SRL. You da man!

Are your tights tucked into your socks?

Not intentionally. The tights, by definition, had elastic ankles. The socks were thick. I'm pretty sure it just felt better to put the socks over the tights' tight ankles instead of the opposite.

Or so it seems 10 years later.  Who knows.  I was still tired from y2k and 9/11.

Wow, just wow.  I often think I am putting too much time into this sport and that I am overly addicted but then just in the last week I've seen 100 mile racers up a mountain and back plus a guy that has run 300 marathons.  Just insane.  I feel more normal now.  Thanks for that and congrats on the acheivement.  That is impressive to say the least. 

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
          • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
          • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
            The true awesomeness is that by my calculations that is a marathon approximately every 12 days. On average

Yes, it's truly amazing that SRL can run "injury free" for 10+ years, and average a marathon every 2 weeks. 

I can understand a maniac / crazy dude doing 30 in 52 weeks or more, but do be so consistent for a good long portion of your life is quite impressive.

SRL posted "Well, when I die, "he ran a lot of marathons" is about as impressive as "he worked long hours".  So I hope some not-bad things are out there somewhere."

SRL, yes, "running a lot of marathons" is way more impressive than "he worked long hours".

As others have said, I look forword to the report at #400 and beyond.

Cheers,

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

bigkenny

Do your feet hurt? Mine are killing me after 12 marathons.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Do your feet hurt? Mine are killing me after 12 marathons.

He'll ruin his knees.

wow. 

mdmccat

Wow.  Here is a virtual bow for ya from someone who has yet to do a single marathon.  Smile

xor

Thanks.

As of about noon today, the count was #303, thanks to the North Face Madison 50k.  My biggest achievement there was falling so hard on a slippery bridge that I bounced.

HermosaBoy

Thanks.

As of about noon today, the count was #303, thanks to the North Face Madison 50k.  My biggest achievement there was falling so hard on a slippery bridge that I bounced.

Bumbles bounce?

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

bhearn

Let's wish Mr. 303 luck for Boston -- he has a BQ-4:29.
                          xor

"Nothin".

xor

Let's wish Mr. 303 luck for Boston -- he has a BQ-4:29.

Yes, well, we'll see.  I will submit my name monday sometime whilst traveling.  Then wait for the window to close at the end of the week, the sorting hat to work its magic, verification, and then maybe.  Maybe.

At which point I will be asking "so...er... where does one stay?"  I'm a hotel guy, not a b and b guy.

Meanwhile. 303.

30 more until retirement.

I wonder if I have to go buy a patriots jersey now.

Loves the outdoors

Why are you retiring? I guess I imagined that after 300 marathons you must have been doing them because you enjoyed them? Impressive stuff!

One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.