300 (Read 2711 times)

bhearn

BEEMBO!

(well, maybe. That's the tentative plan at least.)

Cool! Even cooler, make it your 3:18 goal race. Boston is actually a fast course -- I have pacing it down to a science.

xor

Dunno about the 3:18.  Matching up Boston to 333 implies doing a few between now and then (disclosure: I will have to take most of February off from racing).  In fact, things have to go juuuust so to make mid-April and 333 line up.  But we will see.  Anyway, it is unlikely I will be able to taper. But maybe.  Eh, who knows what will happen.  I don't even know what the hell I will eat for brefass.

bhearn

And don't forget, Big Sur is sold out, but they are saving spots for Boston 2 Big Sur, beginning 9/24, after Boston closes. (Which is a little odd, since this week's applicants won't know if they're in until 9/28.)

Oops, I forgot, you're stopping at 333...

xor

Ha.  Nice try.  I'm Big Sur'ed out anyway.

I am actually already registered for the fulls at Tacoma and Seattle rnr.  Tacoma is my plan b for 333.  I may convert Seattle to a half; may not.

Speaking of halves, I said I'm switching to halves... but I never said I'm gonna run a bazillion.  I'm not much of a moon chaser.  And maybe... just maybe... fast halves on a sane schedule without a bunch of fulls and ultras (and with other "normal" training) will allow me to pull a The Who out of my hat (or at least hear a The Who) and nail my 3:18.  And my 1:29 half.

Or I'll get sick.  Which is always a worry.

bhearn

Well now I understand better. And I hope it was clear I wasn't in any way complaining about you; I have nothing but respect for your accomplishments. You run 333 marathons, you can do whatever the hell you want next. 

But I still think you're crazy if you think racing halves is fun. They hurt like hell. And I also think you're crazy if you're Big Sur'ed out! But then I will take any excuse to get down to that neck of the woods. (BTW they are going to have a multi-wave start this year; that should help with the staging problems they've always had.)

Maggie & Molly

I'm a bit behind on things but congrats. 

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
              Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

I am actually already registered for the fulls at Tacoma and .....

Nice, I will be able to run at least one more marathon with you watch you pass me like I'm standing still at least one more time

"Famous last words"  ~Bhearn

Thanks.

As of about noon today, the count was #303, thanks to the North Face Madison 50k. 

SRL,

Where are you at now? 

Are your plans still the same (stop at #333)?

It's been 5+ months since I've heard an update, so you're likely at or near 333.

Cheers,
                  Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

Ha.  You'd think that.

And then in November, I came down with pneumonia.  And not a touch of it.  Kicked my ass for almost two months.

Then I got better.

Then, on 2/4, I was running a trail race and tried to break my foot.  And I was out for basically the rest of February.

Anyway, I ran my 'come back race' on Sunday.  Cowtown.  Did ok.  That was #318.

333 was going to be April in Boston, then May, now perhaps mid July.

Thanks for asking!

My plan, which remains unchanged, is to "retire" from long stuff at 333.  I like halves. I want to run some fast halves.  But the retirement is kind of like how The Who retired.  I will still run something long every now and then... just not 4-6 a month.  And maybe just maybe, I will drop my marathon time a little more.  Maybe.

Mostly I don't want pneumonia again.

xor

Oh, and no plans to play super bowl halftime so people can say "man, he reaaallllly got old".

Thanks for the update...was wondering about this the other day.

Yes, thinking about SRL while on a long run. Somewhere between "why did that idiot just pull out of that strip mall without looking right" and "I wonder if that gas station as a bathroom".

And then in November, I came down with pneumonia.  And not a touch of it.  Kicked my ass for almost two months.

Anyway, I ran my 'come back race' on Sunday.  Cowtown.  Did ok.  That was #318.

333 was going to be April in Boston, then May, now perhaps mid July.

Thanks for asking!

pneumonia and still able to run 300 miles in November, and 250+ in December?  Wow! 

Your views of "kicked by ass" is different from mine.  I was expecting to see "50", not "250" for your recovery months.

Cowtown was a decent weather race this year.  Typically it's a bad weather weekend here.  Glad you got back at it.  Congratulations on 318.

Enjoy your spring / summer racing, and enjoy every step along the journey!

Cheers,
                          Brian

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

The 300 in November was basically pre-sickness.  My goal for November was 450.  Same with December.  Those December miles were all easy, and mostly in the second half.  I didn't feel "right" until the middle of January.  I skipped a few races, including one that was pretty important to me.

I will add some interval-y foolishness next week.  We will see what happens next.  I expect locusts.

thanks!

xor

Kalsarikännit

Hey srl,

Nate the delicatessen owner is a fantastic violinist.  But he doesn't use a bow, he strokes his violin with his ________.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart