300 (Read 2711 times)

Just started pouring here- hope you missed the rain. Is 333 the Magic Manianc number coming up, or have you already passed that goal by?

xor

Just started pouring here- hope you missed the rain. Is 333 the Magic Manianc number coming up, or have you already passed that goal by?

No, today was 330 :-).  (that was the count, not my time.)

I finished before the rain, but not by a whole lot.

The hardcore locals today ran a marathon/50k at Taylor Mountain.  My spies tell me that it had creek crossings, including one waist deep (done twice).

Yeah, I ran roads with aid stations and people playing music for me.

Had it rained a bit, I would not have complained.

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

330 marathons in 11 years - you are a machine. Are you sure that you are not an android or a terminator from the future sent back in time to make the rest of us feel inadequate? That many marathons seems unreal. If you are human, I must assume that you are unmarried, wealthy, have a lot of free time on your hands, and have OCD tendencies. Smile

Saying "good job" or "that's amazing" seems ridiculously inadequate. 

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The hardcore locals today ran a marathon/50k at Taylor Mountain.  My spies tell me that it had creek crossings, including one waist deep (done twice).

Getting so close. We RAers need to start planning a big SRL333 celebration.

#artbydmcbride

Getting so close. We RAers need to start planning a big SRL333 celebration.

yes!!

Runners run

xor

I'm sure I've written this somewhere in this thread, but I'll say it again.  I have mixed emotions about 333 and celebrating it.  I mean, yes, it is pretty cool.  And among the ultras and super hard marathons (leadville) and I-just-finished-chemo races, Seattle RnR was my 150th sub-4 regular ol' marathon.  That's pretty cool.  Then again, it's also celebrating a long history of midpackishness.  I dunno.

It's just running.

Sometimes I like to post in "Look What I Can Do".  Other times I feel kinda silly.  But I do it in pink, so I suppose silly is expected.

And because people keep asking me: 333 is "retirement", but it is Who-style soft retirement.  I'm stopping the week in/week out running of 1 or 2 long races.  I will still do one every now and again.  And perhaps do a little better than midpackishness. 

But mostly I want to be a minuteman.  Some of you will know what this means.

(and if you don't, I want to improve my half marathon time substantially.  Halves are fun.)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I'm sure I've written this somewhere in this thread, but I'll say it again.  I have mixed emotions about 333 and celebrating it.  I mean, yes, it is pretty cool.  And among the ultras and super hard marathons (leadville) and I-just-finished-chemo races, Seattle RnR was my 150th sub-4 regular ol' marathon.  That's pretty cool.  Then again, it's also celebrating a long history of midpackishness.  I dunno.

It's just running.

Sometimes I like to post in "Look What I Can Do".  Other times I feel kinda silly.  But I do it in pink, so I suppose silly is expected.

And because people keep asking me: 333 is "retirement", but it is Who-style soft retirement.  I'm stopping the week in/week out running of 1 or 2 long races.  I will still do one every now and again.  And perhaps do a little better than midpackishness. 

But mostly I want to be a minuteman.  Some of you will know what this means.

(and if you don't, I want to improve my half marathon time substantially.  Halves are fun.)

Backpackishness is fun! Congrats.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xor

Now I'm singing that damn Backpack song from Dora.

My gosh, 330 (or 333).

I'm trying to wind my way around nagging injuries to simply get to #15.  Don't know if I'll be able to pull it off- it seems these days, every day is better than the next.

33x?  That's in the stratosphere.  Amazing.

xor

Yesterday's race was a 50k which involved this hill 3 times:

However, my race was in July. That pic was taken during the winter version of the race.  Yesterday it was very green and 80.  Mo bettah.

Cool Jump Suit

Those people are CGI, aren't they? 

Yesterday's race was a 50k which involved this hill 3 times:

However, my race was in July. That pic was taken during the winter version of the race.  Yesterday it was very green and 80.  Mo bettah.

So bittersweet,
                        This tragedy
                        Won't ask for absolution;
                        This melody,
                        Inside of me,
                        Still searches for solution.
                        A twist of faith,
                        A change of heart
                        Cures my infatuation.
                        A broken heart, 
                        Provides the spark
                        For my determination.

So, is this the weekend of the celebration?

The 333?

The "I'm retired from week in and week out long races"?

Life Goals:

#1: Do what I can do

#2: Enjoy life

xor

Yes indeed.

JimR

Yes indeed.

So only half-beast then?

xor

Yes and no.  I have no plans to run a bazillion half marathons (or even two a weekend, a la my double marathon weekends).  So not beastly. But I will run me some halves, oh yes.  And every now and then, like perhaps 3-4 times a year, I will show up for a full or ultra.  If my body cooperates, which it kind of isn't.

I would like to be a minuteman though.

Assuming Sunday goes properly, I'll probably post some goofy numbers next week.

Here's a couple goofy things:

Number of times in the past 12 months that it has been brought to my attention "so-and-so asked if you were gay" (because I wear pink): 4, that I recall.  Different so-and-so's.

Number of times in the past 12 months that it has been brought to my attention "so-and-so asked if you have AIDS" (because I had a really bad battle with pneumonia): 1.

Some people are dumbasses.  The pink=gay thing is an insult to gay and straight folks.  The AIDS thing is pure 100% redneck dumbass.