My kid just kicked my ass at Uno! (Read 709 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

First time he's ever played (he'll be 7 in a month). So much for thinking I'd let him win the first time around. Kid picked it up fast and then was a sore winner about it "I won, you're loser...Look at my prize, you're a loser who sits and cries!" (I don't even know where he learned that...little snot-nosed punk) Tongue k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My 8 year old loves UNO. It's really the only game where she can play me competively. Now we have UNO Attack but I think the regular UNO is more fun.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

What is Uno Attack? I seem to remember seeing that. Is it a board game? Uno is so nice, since it's easy to store and portable. I fondly remember playing that with my grandparents when I was about Dane's age. Smile

~ Sarah Kay

In UNO attack instead of cards like "Draw Four", you have to push the button on the UNO Attack card launcher and it may or may not spit cards out at you. Other than that it plays the same.
          JillyBeans

Jiggle, jiggle, jiggle.

Last night my kids (8 & 10) and I played Life and it was SO hilarious to see my daughter go to college and then pay off all her debt as soon as she had money and then my son, who chose not to go to college, invest ALL of his money every time we had the opportunity to "spin to win!" I kept picturing how they'd be as grown-ups. They looked at money so differently! It is so fun to watch your offspring act like themselves! Smile Jilly PS I did win the game though.
            "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."
              We love UNO! We also have UNO Stacko, which is a blast! You can only use one hand to try to get the blocks out so we usually end up laughing our way through the game.
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, I have to check out these other Uno games! Life would be a fun one, too. I love that Dane is finally old enough to play games that don't bore me to tears. Slamwich is a good game, too. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

Time to start cheating. Evil grin
                  zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Time to start cheating. Evil grin
                    No joke! Wink Maybe we need to find someone to teach him chess (too bad my brother doesn't live closer)... Big grin

~ Sarah Kay

Uno Attack is great. Puts a 6 y/o in giggles!

Michelle

Slamwich is a good game, too.
                        Totally agree. We've had that for years and just had a couple more fun games of it over the holiday break. I was amazed that the kids hadn't lost all the cards after having it so long. KerPlunk is also a family favorite. My youngest (she's 8) still loves "The Allowance Game". The rest of us - not so much.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Classics games when I was young. Spades Spoons (or many of the alternatives) Speed (any of the alternatives) Clue (Master Detective) Phase 10 UNO (geek-er stuff) Space Marine ADD Gurps Car Wars Guerilla *************************************************************************************************************** Game I've Played Lately My current favorite card game is Colossal Arena... cheap $10 betting game... Last cool (out of print) game I played was Betrayal on Haunted Hill.... classic... Even this kid though it was fun Another classic is Wizwar, but I only got to play it once.

Vim

Last time, I played Life I came in second taking the college route. The winner took the other route, and didn't have kids, but they did end up have a grandchild!!! Big grin

Vim

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Even this kid though it was fun
                              You kid is warped. I like that! Big grin This is another game that we need to pick up. We've played it with friend and it's a hoot. The car theme would definitely go over well with the didlet, too:

~ Sarah Kay

Lazy idiot

Mille Bornes is a very well designed game that serves to piss me off royally almost every time we play it. I love the game, but I never seem to be on the winning team. Go. Accident. Repair. Stop. Go. Out of Gas. Gas Tank. Go. Flat Tire. Game Over. Bullshit. Evil grin

Tick tock