New workout type of Walk (Read 758 times)

kiwigal999

I walk a lot as well as running and it would be great to be able to track the walking in the same way i track my running (eg track mileage on shoes, show kph. Thanks
      If you go to Options (Upper Right) and then My Log Preferences and click Running - there you can add Walking as a "Run Type" if you wish.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

kiwigal999

Thanks so much. This is a great site Big grin
        hamm

I've also wanted to track shoe mileage for custom workout types, but for me it's for hiking. I wear my trail runners on a lot of hikes, so they end up with a lot of untracked mileage. I considered added "hiking" as a run type, as Bonkin suggested, but then I'd have to go back and figure out how much of my running for the week was actually running...because I don't count hiking toward my weekly run totals. Probably not the biggest deal...but I thought I'd weigh in since someone brought it up. jake
            Definitely a downside to the alternate workout types. Hopefully, Eric will address this in the new release he is working on. Another option is to total it up periodically - monthly maybe - and then edit your shoes and add the totals to the "Initial mileage" field of the shoe. I did this quite a bit when I first started out and was doing a lot of walking.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

hamm

Another option is to total it up periodically - monthly maybe - and then edit your shoes and add the totals to the "Initial mileage" field of the shoe.
              Wow...it's always the simplest solutions that elude me. Thanks.