Frothy protein shakes! (Read 1224 times)

uncontrollable

Yes, I know it's the protein that MAKES them frothy but it's tough to get down sometimes - esp 1st thing in am. Does anyone recommend a particular kind? Right now I am doing Choc. (of course) Whole Foods brand protein w/ spirulina.

peace

I use genisoy (Chocolate and Vanilla).

Vim

I use Optimum Nutrion's 100% Whey Gold Standard. It cost a bit more, but it's worth it. It mixes easily - no blender. It tastes good too. I usually mix mine about 30 minutes before I'm ready to drink it, and shake it up every 10-15 minutes for good measure. Then it's like chocolate milk.
          I use Optimum nutrition and Designer whey... the latter has the best vanilla I've tried... it's vanilla praline and seems to work better for me in the morning than chocolate flavors...

A is A

Met-Rx Protein Powder Plus: 1-2 scoops + half a banana or some frozen berries and it's much more palatable.
              Kelly, I have a health foods cafe here in Durango, CO and sell around 30-40 protein smoothies a day. I use a whey protein isolate made by health-fx. It is a great product. Mixes great in fruit smoothies, not too frothy and has 26 grams of whey isolate per serving. I think you can order directly from them online. Here's their website http://health-fx.net/ Jarrod
              ATrainRunner

I use designer whey choc. The best investment for mixing it is a magic bullet. It will run you about 60 bucks. But the possibilities outside of just making shakes ends at the extent of your minds' imagination.
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Huh? "Protein Shake"? Is that supposed to be food? Or a lab experiment? People. Eat food.
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wait, I think I figured it out. I just ran 9 miles. Easy on hills. I went to get a frothy drink that contains protein (and carbs) and a certain je ne sais quoi. You folks are right, it is doing wonders. I feel great, nearly recovered. Very frothy. Very refreshing. But I still can't figure out why you'd want to blend it. Confused

SMART Approach

Champion Whey Protein Stack chocolate tasted excellent - the best I've tried. Designer Whey chocolate is also good but not quite as good as Champion. These are both quality whey proteins that I rate in the good category. There are better CFM whey proteins with an extremely higher percentage of whey peptides vs. whey concentrate (diluted proteins). BUT, you pay big time for them. Note: Whey protein is quickly absorbed and great for recovery. Casein is a slow release protein and good to take before bed time. Soy is fine but the estrogenic effects scare me a bit. These have been nixed a bit but I limit myself to about 15 grams of soy protein a day when I do consume it in certain bars.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Scout7

I prefer whey from Calvin Klein. Call me a snob if you like, but that's what I prefer. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!
                        JakeKnight

I prefer whey from Calvin Klein. Call me a snob if you like, but that's what I prefer. It's faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaabulous!
                          You may or may not be a snob. But you are clearly not fabulous. Obviously, Gucci makes the best designer whey. Louis Vuitton is a close second. Whey by Calvin Klein is strictly for the unwashed masses, you troglodyte. I'll bet you drive a Hyundai and buy what you laughably call clothing at your local Wal-Mart, don't you? If you're looking for designer whey that fits your meager budget, I'd go with Ralph Lauren. It's still an inferior product, but it smells nice and the girls seem to like it. Also, its surprisingly frothy.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Scout7

Sorry, JK, I can't pull off the metrosexual whey drinker as well as you. You seem to be way too knowledgeable on the subject....
                            JakeKnight

Sorry, JK, I can't pull off the metrosexual whey drinker as well as you. You seem to be way too knowledgeable on the subject....
                              You cannot be too knowledgeable about whey.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                              -----------------------------

You cannot be too knowledgeable about whey.
                                True. There is no whey anyone could be whey too knowledgeable about the wheys in which whey may be beneficial in some whey. If you whey the pros and cons, you'll see that whey is the whey to go.