Water Carriers (Read 840 times)

Ostrich runner

Boy, it got hot fast, so I just got one of these Also, I keep getting gnats under my eyelids, and the water is nice to wash them out.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Ostrich runner

Sooooooooo glad I got that. Today would have been deadly.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

TRIing to beat the heat!

Hot... I hear ya! Humid as all heck too! I'm currently using one of those carriers that holds a 16oz bottle diagonally across your lower back. Can't stand it. I ended up just carrying the water bottle for the majority of my run this morning. I'm thinking about getting a Fuel Belt or since I didn't seem to mind carrying my drink today, maybe one of those gloves that will help me to support the H2O bottle with my hand.

2012 Goals

Sub-1:42 for half marathon √ (1:41 at Disney, Jan '12)

Sub-22 for 5k √ (21:51 in Sept '12)

BQ for marathon- FAIL

HOSS1961

I have a Fuel Belt 6 carier but just ordered an Amphipod RunLite 4. I can't wait till it gets here.
          HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
            I have an Amphipod Full Tilt - love it. 20 oz of fluid is either enough for my run, or it'll get me to a water fountain or convenience store along the course. No sloshing or bouncing, either, and the belt doesn't slip.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

I have the Amphipod RunLite 4 and like it. Got it about a month or so ago. A little tricky getting the bottles out and back in to the clips while you're running, but I'm getting used to it. Also, I half fill the bottles and then freeze them and add cold water just before my run.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

djtaylor

On my longer runs I carry a 700ml (~23oz) bottle of water/gatorade mix. Are there any simple, not-really-noticeable solutions (belt, camelback, etc.) that would let me double or triple this amount? I don't really like the idea of stashing bottles, but 23oz is not enough for me in 2+ hours at 90+ degrees.
                  On my longer runs I carry a 700ml (~23oz) bottle of water/gatorade mix. Are there any simple, not-really-noticeable solutions (belt, camelback, etc.) that would let me double or triple this amount? I don't really like the idea of stashing bottles, but 23oz is not enough for me in 2+ hours at 90+ degrees.
                  They are all pretty "noticable" regarding flopping around (some more than others) and the extra weight. I used to run with the camelback, then tried a belt mounted bottle. They are alright once you get used to them. My favorite method now is a hand held bottle, like you are doing. I just plan my runs to go past a water fountain at a park and/or convenience stores.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Carly E

Carly

Those are too bouncy and heavy for me. DeadI throw mine on the ground where I'm running (a loop) and pick it up everytime time I go back around and take a big chug and throw it back on the ground. (Unfortunately it has been stolen a few times...haha Tongue)
                    Running is like Mouthwash; if you feel the burn, it's working.
                      You can get at least 10 Oz bottles with the Amphipod RunLite 4 which would give you 40 Oz. It may even come with a bigger bottle, I don't remember. I went with the 8 oz bottles which I find are plenty for me. You can also get more clips and add more bottles.

LPH

"Today I broke my record for most consecutive days lived!"

mikeymike

Oh. I thought this was a discussion about Gunga Din. Nevermind.

Runners run

Otium cum dignitate

"Now you're all under arrest. Her Majesty's very touchy about having her subjects strangled." Great cast, great movie.
                          mikeymike

They made a movie out of Gunga Din?

Runners run

Why is it sideways?

Cloud so swift the rains fallin' in Gonna' see a movie called Gunga Din. Pack up your money put up your tent in the wind You ain't a goin' no where

Otium cum dignitate

Yeah - it was made in 1939 with Douglas Fairbanks, Jr, Cary Grant, and Victor McLaglen, and although it's not even romotely close to being politcally correct by today's standards, it's still alot of fun in an excitingly nationalistic "let's get our side ready for WWII" sort of a way.