Maps for Garmin 305 (Read 884 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I should probably be able to figure this out on my own, but I'm having a hard time. When I look at my route on the Garmin Training Center, there is a very rudimentary map (just highways and major routes), How can I get a detailed map to show up? Do I need to buy MapSource? When I google that, it seems like there's lots of posssibilities to purchase. Help! Teresa
    PWL

Has been

I use SportTracks (www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/) for my 305 and that gives you pretty detailed Google Maps when you upload your workouts. I've been pretty impressed with it--you can try it for free too!

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I use SportTracks (www.zonefivesoftware.com/SportTracks/) for my 305 and that gives you pretty detailed Google Maps when you upload your workouts. I've been pretty impressed with it--you can try it for free too!
        Thanks! I had actually tried SportTracks, but I didn't know about the Google map. I just clicked on a different button and found it! That's great. When you say you can try it for free, do you have to start paying for it at some point? Teresa
        Sulli42

You don't have to pay for it, but donations are greatly appreciated. Alot of people put alot of work into making it one of the best logs available. Smile
          Teresadfp

One day at a time

You don't have to pay for it, but donations are greatly appreciated. Alot of people put alot of work into making it one of the best logs available. Smile
            That makes sense! Especially since I won't have to spend any money buying a Garmin map. Teresa
            PWL

Has been

Speaking of donations, our wonderful host Eric always appreciates them as well. He puts a lot of work into RA as well. Just sayin... Wink

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Speaking of donations, our wonderful host Eric always appreciates them as well. He puts a lot of work into RA as well. Just sayin... Wink
                Yep, already used PayPal for that! Teresa
                PWL

Has been

Yep, already used PayPal for that! Teresa
                  I'm sure he appreciates it! Teresa, just realized you're a fellow Mainer. Welcome on board--there are not very many of us! Smile

I'm obsessive compulsive. I use GTC, MB and ST. Way too many acronyms. I can't wait for RA to get the GPS import so I can stop using the other 3. Heheh. (I only commented so we could get 3 Mainers in a row on here.)

Run to Win
                    25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I'm obsessive compulsive. I use GTC, MB and ST. Way too many acronyms. I can't wait for RA to get the GPS import so I can stop using the other 3. Heheh. (I only commented so we could get 3 Mainers in a row on here.)
                      Cool! I'm surprised at how many Mainers I meet in cyberspace. Must be those long, cold nights! Peter, which marathon did you run? How did it go? I can hardly visualize a half marathon at this point, but maybe one of these years! Blaine, did you run Thursday? Even the high school distance kids stayed inside that day! Ran up and down the halls, I guess. Looks like next week should be a little warmer.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Upload your tracks to motionbased.com. In the future, you will be able to upload them to RunningAHEAD.com Big grin
                        Teresadfp

One day at a time

Upload your tracks to motionbased.com. In the future, you will be able to upload them to RunningAHEAD.com Big grin
                          That will be so good! I'm wasting too much time putting my runs on different sites! That's the only problem about working out of my house - it's easy to get distracted.
                          PWL

Has been

Cool! I'm surprised at how many Mainers I meet in cyberspace. Must be those long, cold nights! Peter, which marathon did you run? How did it go? I can hardly visualize a half marathon at this point, but maybe one of these years!
                            I ran the Maine Marathon last October: Portland to Yarmouth and back. It went okay...the first 21 miles were great-the last 5.2 were miserable. Oh well-you live and learn. I think I am going to do the Mount Desert Island Marathon in fall 2008. My plan is to do about 12 races in 2008, from the New England Mile to the MDI Marathon; with some 5K/10K races thrown in there. I see you did B2B last year-my wife and I will be there again this year. It's a fun race. Good luck on your half-marathon goal! Smile

UpNorth

Cool! I'm surprised at how many Mainers I meet in cyberspace. Must be those long, cold nights! Peter, which marathon did you run? How did it go? I can hardly visualize a half marathon at this point, but maybe one of these years! Blaine, did you run Thursday? Even the high school distance kids stayed inside that day! Ran up and down the halls, I guess. Looks like next week should be a little warmer.
                              Another Mainer here Smile

Blaine, did you run Thursday? Even the high school distance kids stayed inside that day! Ran up and down the halls, I guess. Looks like next week should be a little warmer.
                                I did. I have been running at lunch time, so it was up to 5 degrees when I was out there running. I tweaked my calf about a mile into the run, so I turned back since it didn't feel as though it was going to stretch out. Of course, it did shortly after I turned around, but I spent a few miles exploring some of the neighborhoods off of Forest Ave. All in all, I ran a bit less than 3 miles instead of my usual bit over 5, but I got 25 minutes in. I made up for it on yesterdays run where I got lost in the middle of Little Sebago - it was a fun 15 miler through the snow.

Run to Win
                                25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)