NB 768??? (Read 1145 times)

Misinformation Officer

So, I started with Saucony Grid Trigon Rides a while ago, then when I couldn't find them in my size switched to Asics GT 2110, then didn't like the new version and switched to Asics Gel Nimbus, which I liked, but went for a re-fitting and new shoe Mother's Day gift and ended up with NB 768s! I am a little concerned that I am not getting great running shoe fitting and advice since the nearest running store is 1.5 hours away, although the last 2 shoes seem to be much more comfortable.... Thoughts, input, advice?
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Do you need stability or neutral? The NB and the 2110 are both stability shoes, but the Rides and the Nimbus are neutral. I used to run in the NB 767, but it was too much shoe...eventually the stiffness of the sole got to me, too. I have a pair of 768s, but they are still too stiff--less so than the 767, but still more than my body can work with. What sorts of issues have you had with the shoes you've tried?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Misinformation Officer

I am a hefty runner Embarrassed (but not as much as I was when I started Wink) with normal arches and fairly low weekly miles--always 15 mpw, ramping up to 20-25 when hm training. I went in for a running gait analysis b/c I have recurring minor issues with my right leg and decided it must be b/c of a funny gait (I fell while 12.5 months pregnant and did something to my hip that has been wonky ever since...since then, history of piriformis, achilles tendonosis, plantar fasciitis, etc. all in the right leg) that have seriously dented my regular running and led to repeated cutting back of miles, physical therapy, cross-training, etc. even though I add less than 10% mileage per week when ramping up. I even consulted a beginners running coach (local college--successful xc team) to be sure I was adding miles effectively, etc. to prevent injury. Anyway...that's how I ended up with all these different shoes. I do not like feeling like I am running with 2x4's attached to my feet and prefer a cushier feel, but I am most interested in running without these constant pita issues with my right leg! My post was b/c I am sure that you all can be more detailed in providing some assistance, rather than me constantly buying $100+ shoes and "hoping" that they help. TIA...happy trails, y'all!
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I wonder if a sports med doc could help you with orthotics. That could possibly help what sounds like some imbalance issues that changing shoes doesn't help. I can sympathize with the right leg thing. None of my injuries have been major, but when I do have nagging ones it's my right leg 90% of the time...knee, hip, blisters, etc.

~ Sarah Kay

I fell while 12.5 months pregnant
            You've gone through a lot, haven't you!? Wink

Misinformation Officer

You've gone through a lot, haven't you!? Wink
              My lame attempt at humor to which most women can relate. Big grin
              zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

My lame attempt at humor to which most women can relate. Big grin
                Heh...I actually liked being pregnant...12.5 months wouldn't have been so bad...12.5 months of newborn, however...OMG, they would have had to institutionalize me! Shocked

~ Sarah Kay