Why did I stop getting better? (Read 463 times)

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I'm not trying to get faster at walking, I like walking slowly. I'm trying to get faster at running. I accept your challenge but let's make it a running 5k (you can walk if you want, but I'm running.). Thanksgiving day, I'm running a 5k in St. Louis. If you win, I'll let you teach me your program. If I win you leave this site and never come back. Deal?

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Running doesn't make you a faster walker; however learning to be a faster walker will easily make you a faster runner.

If you can't understand that logic, then all deals are off....

Experts said the world is flat

Experts said that man would never fly

Experts said we'd never go to the moon

Name me one of those "experts"...

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Feeling the growl again

Running doesn't make you a faster walker; however learning to be a faster walker will easily make you a faster runner.

Show data to prove it.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Show data to prove it.

Oh please princess. The women of Kenya prove you're an idiot. Every keystroke you punch makes it obvious...

Tell me how they WALK carrying 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure to do so and I'll leave this forum forever (granted you don't plagiarize my writing of course).

History never remembers the name of experts; just the innovators who had the guts to challenge and prove the "experts" wrong

Feeling the growl again

Oh please princess. The women of Kenya prove you're an idiot. Every keystroke you punch makes it obvious...

Tell me how they WALK carrying 20% of their bodyweight with no increase in energy expenditure to do so and I'll leave this forum forever (granted you don't plagiarize my writing of course).

This forum is about running, not walking with jars on ones' head.  Show the data that proves this translates to running.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

Ostrich runner

I suppose one could take the statement as a retroductive inference and think logic is involved...

I'm guessing you've studied logic even less than science.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Gang Name "Pound Cake"

I'll leave this forum forever (granted you don't plagiarize my writing of course).

Hey, here's an idea - why not leave because nobody wants to listen to you? Nobody cares what you say. Nobody believes your theories. Perhaps there is a Pygmy forum or a cat fancier forum or a ostrich racer forum, where they would welcome you. heck, I'm sure there must be a walking forum where they might listen to you.

- Scott

2014 Goals: First Marathon - BQ2016 <3:40 (3:25:18) - 1/2M <1:45 - 5K <22:00

2014 Marathons: 05/04 Flying Pig (3:49:02) - 09/20 Air Force (BQ 3:25:18) - 11/01 Indianapolis Monumental

sport jester

Biomimeticist

This forum is about running, not walking with jars on ones' head.  Show the data that proves this translates to running.

How much I love it when stupid people open their mouths...

Hey MORON, their sons are the runners who win the Boston Marathon.....

What better proof does an IQ of dogshit does it take to figure out it matters....

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Hey, here's an idea - why not leave because nobody wants to listen to you?

If you don't like my writing, the cite the science that says I'm wrong. otherwise, you can go drink my mother's barf if you think that you know more than I do.

Feeling the growl again

How much I love it when stupid people open their mouths...

Hey MORON, their sons are the runners who win the Boston Marathon.....

What better proof does an IQ of dogshit does it take to figure out it matters....

That is less than correlation, and correlation does not equal causation.  Show actual data that walking performance is directly correlated with running performance....because the world's fastest racewalkers never, NEVER have become competitive runners.

For that matter, provide data that the specific mother of a Boston champion had such measured efficiency, rather than imply it indirectly from a population basis.

Feeling the growl again

I otherwise, you can go drink my mother's barf 

The language of a true genius.  Take notes, you plebes...

sport jester

Biomimeticist

because the world's fastest racewalkers never, NEVER have become competitive runners.

Racewalking isn't identical to natural walking or running mechanics. The rules demand that your knee be perfectly straight at the point of foot impact.

Being able to walk at 9MPH requires a bent knee to do so.

Ostrich runner

Science doesn't go around disproving random ideas. I mean, maybe with a billion monkeys sitting at a billion typewriters...

You know, come to think of it, monkeys thumbs don't directly oppose their hands and are of more similar length to their other fingers. That gives them the ability to project their digits in a typing motion with efficiency that nobody except a Bangladeshi on meth could muster. While sitting around eating pot pies in my moms basement, I developed a method that makes it so that humans can mimic this technique, enabling them to type with 20% greater speed. Show me the science that proves me wrong.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Feeling the growl again

Racewalking isn't identical to natural walking or running mechanics. The rules demand that your knee be perfectly straight at the point of foot impact.

Being able to walk at 9MPH requires a bent knee to do so.

This does not remove the burden of proof of demonstrating that walking efficiency is correlated with running speed.  Provide it.

sport jester

Biomimeticist

Science doesn't go around disproving random ideas. I mean, maybe with a billion monkeys sitting at a billion typewriters...

You know, come to think of it, monkeys thumbs don't directly oppose their hands and are of more similar length to their other fingers. That gives them the ability to project their digits in a typing motion with efficiency that nobody except a Bangladeshi on meth could muster. While sitting around eating pot pies in my moms basement, I developed a method that makes it so that humans can mimic this technique, enabling them to type with 20% greater speed. Show me the science that proves me wrong.

That's easy: show me the EKG measurement of the primary muscles of the motion naturally and the EKG measurement of the same muscles after your 20% technique improvements are described and implemented.

I can measure your quads in your natural running form through EKG measure, and your quads at the same speed after learning how Kenyans really run. If that measure is 15% lower energy output, then the improvement in running economy is fully able to be documented.

Can your throwing theory prove the same?