Which Skora shoes to get? (Read 121 times)

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

I'm interested in buying some Skora shoes, but not sure which ones to get. Any suggestions? I live in Taiwan, so I need to pay quite a hefty shipping fee on top of the price of the shoes, so I'm looking for any possible advice before I buy them. I'm currently leaning towards the Core, but the Fit has a more entry-level price, so I'm also thinking of them. Any suggestions from wearers?

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I have the Phase, Core, and Form - they all have a similar fit, but a bit different feel underfoot as they use different insoles (and may have different rubber on the soles; even though the sole & mid-sole design are essentially the same). My favorite is the Form. And, if I could only get one pair and was subject to hefty shipping costs, I'd get the Form. It's top of the line in every way.

I also have the Fit - which I want to love, but just can't. The shape of the shoe is the same as the others listed above, but it lacks height in the toe box. The fit is tolerable with the insole removed, but this changes the ride such that I don't really enjoy it (compared to the others). Additionally, without an insole, the foot rides lower in the shoe - for me, this results in some annoyance around the collar of the shoe (with it hitting my ankle bones).

And, I have the Tempo - a very different shoe from any of the above. It has a cushy ride (with thicker, spongy sole) - it's almost magically springy. The shoe is generally shaped like the others, but the fit is more generous. For me, I find it sloppy, with my foot sliding too much, especially laterally when cornering; and this isn't something that could be corrected by going down a size. (FWIW, my feet are narrow, but I like room for my toes to splay while still having a secure fit through the mid-foot and heel.)

I don't know if shipping might work out any better for you from Amazon; but, it might be worth checking - if nothing else, you can often find good discounts on discontinued colorways.

Liz

pace sera, sera

spinach

I have the Phase and the Fit, and I much prefer the Fit.  The Fit is probably my favorite running shoe, I like it so much that I have several pairs.

I wore the Fit this weekend in a marathon for the first time but I was not able to finish the race with a foot problem.  I don't think the problem was related to my shoes but it might have.  I felt fine for the first 12 miles but I began to feel some discomfort in my heel.  Then at about mile 14 I stepped into a hole in the road and twisted my left knee. That messed up my stride and almost immediately my right heel became so painful that I could hardly walk on it.  So I dropped out.  Clearly the problem was a result of twisted knee, I don't know if there was any relationship with the shoes.  But I still love the Fit and I am looking forward to being able to run in them again.

I have a little problem with the Phase.  The Phase has the thick roll at the top of the heel that I find to be uncomfortable.  Other than that I think both shoes fit me well.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

And, I have the Tempo - a very different shoe from any of the above. It has a cushy ride (with thicker, spongy sole) - it's almost magically springy. The shoe is generally shaped like the others, but the fit is more generous. For me, I find it sloppy, with my foot sliding too much, especially laterally when cornering; and this isn't something that could be corrected by going down a size. (FWIW, my feet are narrow, but I like room for my toes to splay while still having a secure fit through the mid-foot and heel.)

I don't know if shipping might work out any better for you from Amazon; but, it might be worth checking - if nothing else, you can often find good discounts on discontinued colorways.

You talked me into it Buzzie

I'm still looking for a replacement for my New Balance WT1010v2 that have been discontinued.

Couldn't find any on Amazon tho.

steph  

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Thanks for the ideas about the shoes. Still not sure which to order, but great to see the positive feedback in general about the shoes.

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

About to pull the trigger and order a pair of the Core, just one last question. Does their sizing run true. I'm gonna order a 10, and just want to make sure it's not going to be super small or large. Thanks again!

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

I haven't noticed anything odd. My normal running shoe size (for whatever that's worth).

About to pull the trigger and order a pair of the Core, just one last question. Does their sizing run true. I'm gonna order a 10, and just want to make sure it's not going to be super small or large. Thanks again!

Liz

pace sera, sera

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Haven't received my shoes yet but I must say that the Skora customer service / live chat is

excellent.

steph  

spinach

I haven't noticed anything odd. My normal running shoe size (for whatever that's worth).

Same with me.

haroldjiii

run, rest & read

Thanks for the info Buzzie and Spinach

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

They are currently running a 15% off sale.

steph  

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

My Tempos arrived yesterday.   Sadly, I just don't like the fit / feel.   I really wanted these to fit.

since I badly need to find something to replace my discontinued NB 1010v2's!

The Tempos are wide enough for my fat foot but have an arch that is too high for me especially on the right foot.

Also the back of the shoe cuts into my achilles.  Maybe I'll try another model but I suspect

the others will be too narrow for me.  Boo.

steph  

Buzzie

Bacon Party!

Sorry to hear that, Steph. The other Skoras are a touch narrower; not much, but a bit. (I prefer the fit of the others, but would probably be fine with a medium-weight sock in the Tempo.)

The Phase is another ankle-biter that your achilles probably wouldn't enjoy.

The Fit and Form both have heel "tabs" that come up bit higher but are softer and much more comfortable (non-irritating to me).

I'm going to assume you've tried Altras (which to me are quite wide). You might look at the Topo Athletics - I think REI carries them, which might make it possible for you to see them in person.

Liz

pace sera, sera

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Thanks Liz.  I am currently using a pair of Altra The One's which are very wide.  True clown shoes.

But what I didn't notice when I bought them (was so excited that the width was there) is that the out sole

is the very soft rubber.  I'll wear through these in no time.  The other Altras I've tried didn't work for me

due to the rocker bottom.   Will keep looking.

On a high note I still have 2 pair of NB1010's and just found another on Amazon

steph  

NYCNorma

I have a pair of Tempos and they're probably my favorite shoes.