Past problems with employment, 1/1/8 5K RR (Read 837 times)

GreenMan

Sorry to barge in without an intro OK, intro, master-aged newbie runner, kinda. RR follows Past problems with employment. Knoxville, Tn Calhoun’s New Year’s Day 5K 2008 I didn’t have a stellar day on the New Year’s 5K sheet. I just knew Econo was going to beat me –and she did, twice in one day. So it kinda put me in an off-mood for the long drive home. I started reminiscing about all my less than stellar forays into the job market. To name a few for instance: I tried to learn to operate a taxi, but lacked the drive. I worked for a map company for a while, until they told me to get lost. Briefly, I was in lingerie sales, again, I got a pink slip. My favorite job was managing a brassiere factory, but frustrated, I just quit one day. It was rumored I had cold hands. But really, I couldn’t stay abreast of the all the work. Then I was hired by management as a union-buster at a handkerchief factory, but decided I liked to picket better. For a short while I worked at a place with a lot of dyslexics. Pink slip again. This time it just said, “You’re Fried.” Finally, I knew my days were numbered as a sign painter at the grand opening of our Pubic Library. Oh well, maybe I need a job better suited to casual runners. At least I ran as fast as my last 5k, 24:43, or within a second anyways. Conditions, were nice and sunny, about 37* with a very slight headwind the first half. The organization was great, with chip timing. The course was plenty flat, -right along the Tennessee River near UT past Neyland Stadium. (The temple was empty of course on account of a dispute with some badgers, cheese graters, or some bodies in the Tampa outback I think). There were about 400 runners -which is a BIG race for me. I felt good the whole time, except while I was actually running. But best of all, I got to meet Pie. And I gave him a pie. Employment suggestions welcome, JJJ
    Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.
      Nice tale, Triple J, and nice report too. It reminded me of one of my favorite foods - pie. No relation to your friend though.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

........I love it............

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Wingz

Professional Noob

Perhaps you could work for a temp. agency... ... at least for a little while. Clowning around

Roads were made for journeys...

db7

I think you are in line for some type of management position. DB

Tougher than most, dumber than the rest. "You can not count the miles until you feel them" TVZ

SteveP

Things can only get better from there. Nice time on the 5K JJJ. Have a great '08.

SteveP

GreenMan

Thanks you all, Wingz Big grin, That's a great idea. I had a friend try that. They sent him to help the cook at an Indian restaurant, but he could never curry favor with the boss. Still it's worth a shot, Thanks jjj
                Iron Mt. Trail Runners blogsite .... JJJessee blogsite ....Spring is here. Go outside and play.

Another Passion

Perhaps you could get a job in an aviary, JJJ, as you are a total HOOT! Big grin

Rick
                  "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
                  "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
                  runningforcassy.blogspot.com

You'll ruin your knees!

WTG on the race... Perhaps you should consider a career in operating a stable, as you're so good at shoveling s**t Cool Confused ...and welcome! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

GreenMan

WTG on the race... Perhaps you should consider a career in operating a stable, as you're so good at shoveling s**t Cool Confused ...and welcome! Lynn B
                      RIFLMAO

#artbydmcbride

Groan!! Roll eyes Big grin Big grin Oh my, JJJessee! Oh my! I will send you my copy of the race report writing rules...and the fine schedule. Great finish time, and you got to meet Pie Jones! Great photo too. Smile Don't worry about Econo, she pushes little children.

Runners run

Doug Little

JJJesse, Greetings from Seymour. A brisk 8 degrees this am! Kind of a shock heading out for a quick 3 miles. The cold air did a number on my breathing. As for a job: Maybe start a franchise company. For a fee, you supply: 1. Carboard sign that says you'll run for food 2. Map of the area with good places to stand and beg. (not Hooters) 3. A picture of a little scruffy dog, to make the gals feel sorry 4. A 10% off coupon to a shelter, where you can get so really old cotton running stuff. I would think that you could sell the concept, considering your long list of experiences! 'Just Do It!' Doug

GreenMan

Great Ideas Doug! you're my kinda thinker But why not Hooter's? ---Oh yeah cold hands, 4got. I'm just up the road a ways, Abingdon. <10* here too. ilene, just deduct my rr fines outta my race winnings? is that ok? jjj here="" too.="" ilene,="" just="" deduct="" my="" rr="" fines="" outta="" my="" race="" winnings?="" is="" that="" ok?=""></10* here too. ilene, just deduct my rr fines outta my race winnings? is that ok? jjj>
                              Great post... BTW - is that a coyote on your head? Ray

GreenMan

Ray, I have no idea on the varmit's identity. I traded for it years ago, but the woman hadn't made it herself and had no idea, probable roadkill. It has a tail, sorta long but skinny, but it could just be section of skin cut for a tail. Maybe TW will know. jjj