Updated Facebook App (Read 1965 times)

eric :)

I deployed the updated RunningAHEAD Facebook app today.  Hopefully FB will stick with their new recommended method of creating their apps for a while because I'm not interested in doing this exercise again.

The updated app uses a different authentication method to post to the wall.  As a result, the app won't be able to post workouts to your wall until you do the following:

1. in the FB app, go to the Preferences tab

2. click the "Clear Permissions" button

3. after the page reloads, click the "Publish" button

What's New

The new recommended method of creating FB apps has one advantage: it gives me more control over how the page behaves.  The old method is very restrictive.  There were lots of things I can't do.  This update includes the following new features:

• added map editor to the edit route page
    • users can view the map when they go to the view route page
    • users don't need to install the app to view your training log
    • the workout, equipment and route editor pages use the same textbox controls as the website.  For example, when you click on the date textbox, a mini monthly calendar pops up.  When you type in the course name combo box, you can filter course names.
    • If you log a race, the wall post will be more descriptive, especially if you place Smile

Anyway, I'm sure the app is buggy since it involved a lot of internal rewiring.  Let me know if you find any.

eric Smile

I just tried this, and when I click Publish, I get a little box that says:

"An error occurred with RunningAHEAD. Please try again later."

I shall try again, later.

"I aim to misbehave."

rokinrob

I had the same error.

I'll try again later.

Rob

I just tried this, and when I click Publish, I get a little box that says:

"An error occurred with RunningAHEAD. Please try again later."

I shall try again, later.

same

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Same. FF, Vista.

Again ... I'll try later,

Thanks

Neil G

Running ... just keep running!

runnerwannabe

I cleared permissions and go the error message then deleted the app and went  back to it and got the same error message.

I forgot to update one configuration element.  It is fixed.

I forgot to update one configuration element.  It is fixed.

Works! Thanks Smile

rokinrob

Yes! Works! Thanx!

Neil Gunn

Gandalf the Grey

Works now ... thanks.

Neil

Running ... just keep running!

Are you able to post your workouts to the wall?

HermosaBoy

When I hit publish, it opens another tab with Facebook/RA open.  However, the publish request does not take.  When I repeat process, I get the same thing...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

When I hit publish, it opens another tab with Facebook/RA open.  However, the publish request does not take.  When I repeat process, I get the same thing...

Can you send me a couple of screen shots detailing the actions and the results?  The server has been reporting errors but I haven't been able to reproduce them yet.

HermosaBoy

Can you send me a couple of screen shots detailing the actions and the results?  The server has been reporting errors but I haven't been able to reproduce them yet.

Will email screen shots in word document.

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Jennataylormd

Same thing is happening to me. I use Safari - could that be it?