Weather - Dark (Read 1116 times)

Just a dude.

Any chance a check box in the Weather area could be added for Dark or Night?  I run many of my runs after the sun goes down... I find running in the dark can really mess with my perception of how fast I am going. I'd kinda like to keep track of it.

I do keep track of time... But 7:30pm right now isn't dark, but it will be in January... 

Thanks!

-Kelly

Getting back in shape... Just need it to be a skinnier shape... 

HaHa, I asked this about a year ago, mostly got made fun of.  Apparently dark is not a type of weather and it would be silly to track something like that.

mta: even found the thread

Whatever my lot, thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.

Just a dude.

Wow... there was some funny stuff in that thread...

I'm not sure I follow why so many thought it was so silly or trivial, but whatever... But then I've been here for 6 months and still cant figure out a good use for quality.  I may just be a taco short of a combo plate...

Seems like a simple thing to do... Oh well... 

-Kelly

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, my comment in that thread was for reals and all.

But I do agree, it is not really weather, per se.

Just a dude.

This comment?:

"I think a better solution would be to figure out the latitude and longitude of my run based on my route data, then use that information along with the date and time to determine whether the sun had set (or not yet risen).  Then log that info automatically for me."

or this comment?:

"It is not possible to foul up the swamp."

As for whether it is weather or not, I just consider that box things that should modify my expectations for pace.  If I am going through my log, and I see a run that was out of the ordinary slow maybe, I can look at that area and see that it was snowing and windy, and then understand why...

-Kelly

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Actually, both are true Smile

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I almost always run in the early morning before sunrise. I use Overcast to indicate, which it kind of is, not matter how many clouds since I can't see the sun...

bob e v
                2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

I agree. I've often thought it would be nice to have a "dark" option to check.
                  LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Simple.  Change the name of the section to "Running Conditions" instead of "Weather" and add a "Dark" option.
                    xor

Man, two threads about this and I haven't yet posted the Hippie Dippie Weatherman's (aka Al Sleet, aka George Carlin) quip.

Forecast for tonight?  DARK.

A Saucy Wench

Man, two threads about this and I haven't yet posted the Hippie Dippie Weatherman's (aka Al Sleet, aka George Carlin) quip.

Forecast for tonight?  DARK.

I love the Hippie Dippie Weatherman. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

xor

The full quip:

Forecast for tonight?  DARK.  Followed by widely scattered light and light in the morning.

bhearn

HaHa, I asked this about a year ago, mostly got made fun of.  Apparently dark is not a type of weather and it would be silly to track something like that.

Oh? I ran this race last Saturday at midnight. According to the results:

"Weather: DARK & 80 degrees"  

They neglected to mention the 200% (as srlopez puts it) humidity...

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

On a related note, I'd like Sunny and Clear to be separate rather than a single Sunny/Clear checkbox.  I have run on many clear nights and predawn mornings.  Sunny is not appropriate for these runs.

Blaaahhhh

I don't think a dark box is needed. There is a box for time of day. That should be enough.

Besides, does running at night on a lighted street count as dark?

I checked sunny and clear for my last run even though it was dark when I started.

I'll have to remember that "taco short of a combo plate" thing. Thanks.