So, would you run with Palin? (Read 1943 times)

Amy Grant ^ Van Halen < AC/DC

Sandi Sue

Okay so I finally read that Palin article in RW.  I live in Juneau and I've seen her running out and about a couple of times with Todd.  I'm not a political fan but her responses were pretty coherent this time around.  She was even prepared with an answer about who her favorite authors were.  We are a pretty liberal group here in Juneau and her political antics rub most of us the wrong way.  However, she came across as a little more normal in this article.

My only comment would be, WTF, you don't know the name of your running shoes???  Who doesn't know what kind of running shoes they wear?    LOL. 

Races for 2013:

Kluane Bike Relay (4 legs 70 miles)

Calgary 70.3 (72.3)

Aukeman Sprint Triathlon 8/6/2013

Pain is Temporary  Pride is Forever

Get Lost :)

Okay so I finally read that Palin article in RW.  I live in Juneau and I've seen her running out and about a couple of times with Todd.  I'm not a political fan but her responses were pretty coherent this time around.  She was even prepared with an answer about who her favorite authors were.  We are a pretty liberal group here in Juneau and her political antics rub most of us the wrong way.  However, she came across as a little more normal in this article.

My only comment would be, WTF, you don't know the name of your running shoes???  Who doesn't know what kind of running shoes they wear?    LOL. 

She definitely would have earned points with me if she was a running geek instead of just a runner.

Palin is a bad joke and  a pretty good illustration of what's wrong with America, runner or not.

Hummm...  I thought she brought some fresh honesty to a corrupt business.  Looks like I just cancelled your vote. 

Yeah, I'd run with her but I wouldn't let her choose my handlers.  I'd need my own people and speechwriters AND I'll wear what I want, not what some Republican Party hack goes to Nordstrom's and buys for me.

And I'd also...what's that?  Yeah, I know, run, like a camp...OH!  WOW!  Do I feel stupid.

Well, yeah, I'll run with anyone--as long as she ditches the ipod.

Wink

TC

"I'd rather die while I'm living than live while I'm dead..." J. Buffett There are two rules in life: 1.) Don't sweat the small stuff 2.) It's ALL small stuff

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Hummm...  I thought she brought some fresh honesty to a corrupt business. 

I was disappointed when McCain and the handlers refuse to let anyone interview her, and -- I deduce -- instructed her in very stern words to never answer any questions, but just repeat talking points as best as she could.

I think it would have been interesting if they'd let her try to handle a real interview -- as you say, I think we'd hear some honesty, even if some of it didn't make much sense -- and I think it would have been quite entertaining at the least.

I'm hoping she'll eventually write a "tell all" revealing what really happened, both in the campaign, and whatever prompted the sudden resignation. I bet that could be some fun reading.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I don't know where else to post this rant, as I don't think I've earned my swamp credentials yet. 

BUT man!  She just delivered her "Farewell to Alaska" speech.  In it, she referred to "American apologetics," intending to deplore "apologizing for America."  I am so glad she does not have a batensmack's chance in hell of being elected president.  One more high-profile person using God and butchering English within the same speech?  Please, Heaven, help me.  I can't keep cringing like this. I'll develop a permanent twitch.  You want to talk about people "doing damage" Trent?  These are people I think of. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Hummm...  I thought she brought some fresh honesty to a corrupt business.

Because she wasn't corrupt or anything. Palin used Alaska money to pay for family travel.

i sacrificed the gift

I would run with her on three conditions:

1) There is a cliff nearby.

2) I pick the course.

3) She gets a head start.

Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                  Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                  Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA

bigkenny

I would love to run with her. I would also love to accompany her in the following:

- an NRA meeting

- a moose hunt

- a snow machine race

- church services

- a conservative think tank discussion group

- assist her in her run for president

- clothes shopping

(I find it amazing how much abuse she took for buying clothes from Nordstroms while our current first lady is lauded for her wardrobe and chicness)

She got crap for the nordstrom incident, because the republican party felt she needed a make over. It had nothing to do with the cost of the clothes except for the make over issue.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Because she wasn't corrupt or anything. Palin used Alaska money to pay for family travel.

Actually I was more impressed with how -- allegedly -- she charged the state per diem to live in her own house, and charged 365 days of per diem to live part of the year at home. That's a nice racket; I wouldn't mind all that money flowing to me (if it were legal, I mean, and it sounded like it might be legal)...

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

I guess I missed that.

Right on!  I agree with you 100%  !!    She actually sounded normal for the most part.   ( was sort of shocked  )

But, those photos were a bit disturbing.  Why, oh why, does she try to look cute.  It really rubs me the wrong way.

If I was posing in RW,  I would want the photo of me looking tough, sweaty, and strong.  YOu know, get a picture of me spitting while running.  Not  posed as a pretty pink princess. 

Whatevah !! 

- Anya

i sacrificed the gift

It looks like she is wearing nylons.
                              Robot House Recovery Drink Protocol:
                              Under 70 Degrees: Samuel Smith's Oatmeal Stout
                              Over 70 Degrees: Dougfish Head 60 Minute IPA
                              mikeymike

She finished DFL in a race I ran in New Hampshire recently:

http://www.coolrunning.com/results/09/nh/Jul18_42ndAn_set1.shtml

Runners run