Louis Zamperini passes away (Read 162 times)

Feeling the growl again

LINK

A reminder approaching this day of celebrating our independence, to remember what some gave to protect it.

What an incredible life story.  Anyone who has not read "Unbroken", runner or not, should.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

LINK

A reminder approaching this day of celebrating our independence, to remember what some gave to protect it.

What an incredible life story.  Anyone who has not read "Unbroken", runner or not, should.

+1

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I read it three times because it is so good. He was a great runner, person, and American. I hate how the word "hero" is thrown around these days. Basketball players are not heros. Louis Zamperini is a hero.

Queen of 3rd Place

Saw this in yesterday's news and was not sad, because he had such an amazing life, and he died knowing that a movie was in the works based on his biography. What a way to go!

Ex runner

No more marathons

I read it three times because it is so good. He was a great runner, person, and American. I hate how the word "hero" is thrown around these days. Basketball players are not heros. Louis Zamperini is a hero.

+1  (except only read the book once)

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!