SportTracks Log Upload (Read 1407 times)

Eric,

I noticed your recent upgrades (NICE JOB, BTW!!!) include the ability to upload SportTracks log files.  I just tried to do that and it said it didn't recognize the file.  I was wondering if you could either give me a hint about what I might be doing wrong or maybe look to see if it is actually working correctly.  I know you said this stuff is experimental and there may be problems.

Sean

Keep the running and fitness up and keep the weight from coming back.

Run more miles than last year.

RobInAZ

I had the same issue.  I think you can only upload a SportsTrack backup file not the regular SportsTrack file.  Haven't tried to do that yet.
        By the way, I just tried it again........

Message says "File doesn't have the correct extension.  Do you wish to continue?"

I don't know what the proper extension should be, but I am selecting the only SportTracks file I have.  I am running Version 2.1.3478 of SportTracks in case that makes a difference.

I just tried to upload the backup file as RobinAZ suggested and still no luck.

Prince of Fatness

In SportTracks, did you export your log to a fitlog file?

Not at it at all. 

eric :)

While you can upload a fitlog file, it is preferrable to upload it as a zip file to same bandwidth.  That's what the importer was complaining about.  I'll look into the fitlog problem tonight since it's not as urgent.

MrPHinNJ, I have looked all over in SportTracks and cannot find any option to EXPORT or to even SAVE AS a different file format. The file format of my SportTracks log has an extension..... .logbook

When I do a PROPERTIES on the file it says it is a .....SportTracks 2 Logbook File (.logbook)

Tried several different things with .zip files and no dice.......

I understand this isn't urgent at all.  I just wanted to let you know that there is a bug possibly so that you can get to it when you have some time.

Thanks again for the great upgrades to the site....

I ran the export from SportTracks. Got a file I called test.fitlog.

Zipped it to get the file test.zip (containing test.fitlog)

Uploaded test.zip

If you do that do you still get the error?

MTA:

Did not read your above post

In SportTracks (I am using 2.1) go to the Activity Report screen.

Highlight the activities you want to export (use shift &/or ctrl to select multiple entries).

On the left under "Activity Reports" click Export --> Fitness Log

I'll Try to post a screenshot: (Sorry if this messes up the thread)

2017 Goals
                    1) Run more than 231 miles
                    2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

MattJ..........yep, your process worked.  I just figured we were supposed to upload the raw data file rather than the activity reports file.  It looks like things are working well.