Sunglasses (Read 1066 times)

I was looking for some discount sunglasses and ran across these Tifosi Gavia (Pink) Looks like a pretty good deal...I'm just not into wearing pink glasses unfortunately. Thought I'd pass it along though. I have never worn glasses when I run, but I think I want to try some. The only thing is I'm constantly wiping sweat away from my eyes. I'm not sure how that would work out with glasses on.
      I have these glasses & really like them. I wear sun glasses. I live in FL & was once told I'll probably have cataracts young so I try to protect my eyes. Anyway, I like the glasses! It's a good deal. I don't remember but I probably paid the retail price. Vicki
        I have similar glasses from Tifosi (though not pink...). Love them. At this price, they are a good deal.
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't have that exact model, but had a similar pair of Tifosi. GREAT quality for the price. My only complaint was my own clumsy/forgetfulness. I would put them on my hat sometimes, then take my hat off, forgetting they were there. After at least a dozen hard falls the lenses cracked out of the frames and wouldn't stay put without glue. I think if they had a full frame around the bottom of the lens that they'd not have been so fragile.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Misinformation Officer

I got very similar knock-off sunglasses in the fishing section of the Evil Empire AKA WalMart. They were $7. I love them, and they are grey.
            Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

Thanks for the posting. I went to REI and got the glasses - they just arrived and I really like them. They fit way better than any other sport glasses I've tried.

TRUST THE PROCESS

Thanks for the thread. I'm looking into glasses for spring since I am vain and would like to young well into old age. What sorts of things should I look for in running glasses?
                You may find my running Vlog at Run Cast TV and my running log here
                runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I bought prescription sunglasses from eyebuydirect.com Click on sports glasses $50. 5% discount coupon : godirect There was a slight problem with the insert touching my eyelashes.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

Those inexpensive sunglasses you see at lots of expos seem like a good value but they do seem kind of "hazy" and I wonder if they really have good UV blocking. Anyway I'm back to Oakleys. Costlier, but I really like them.

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I use Tifosi as well, mainly because I bike as well as run, and I can interchange the lenses depending on the activity that I`m doing. I`ve had the last pair for about a year, and I can`t say that I regret buying them. I`ll probably go for another pair when these are done.
                      "I never said it was going to be easy. I only said it would be worth it."

De-slacking in progress

Those inexpensive sunglasses you see at lots of expos seem like a good value but they do seem kind of "hazy" and I wonder if they really have good UV blocking. Anyway I'm back to Oakleys. Costlier, but I really like them.
                        +1 on my prescription Oakley's. I use them on every run. Sunny or cloudy- with the polarized it makes everything much better and it sheds water. WAYYYYYYYY too much money but I really like them so cost doesn't matter once you've paid for them. Cry

started running @ age 48 [lost 70#+, quit a 30 year pack/day habit>> ran HM]  Ran a few years then quit. Gained 70#+ back and smoking like before. Time to get healthy again @ 52 years over with the C25K program and beyond again. RE-start date 1-13-14

I have 2 pair of Tifasi. I love the transition lens. They work great for trail running. I also have another pair with interchangeable lens that I keep in my truck. Think it's time for another pair. Big grin
                          Happy Running,
                          Troy
                          "Start with your Head, Finish with your Heart!"

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I need Rx sunglasses, Sad

Go Pre!

I need Rx sunglasses, Sad
                              and more patients.

Hoodoo Guru

I'm a big fan of the $20 sunglasses (Ocean Pacific brand I think) at Target.

The tangents are moot.