And I thought *I* was a shoe whore... (Read 1229 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Mike, I don't know about going from a moderate pronator to neutral, but I do think my stability needs seem to be pretty fluid. I find that the # of miles I am running, the sort of terrain I am running, and how much cross-training I am doing seem to have an effect on things. Over the Winter and early Spring I was running fewer miles and doing more lower-body weight work and kickboxing. Also running on slippery, uneven snowy/icy terrain. I was in a mild stability shoe (NB 767) and it felt right. Then as the snow melted and I got outdoors more and increased my miles it seems that my stability needs increased. I also started having the outer arch issues when I first started doing hill workouts in my mild stability shoes, so the stiffer moderate and higher stability shoes (NB 1222 and 857) did help with that, as well. But I just returned my 857s (onlineshoes.com is great--they have ~100 miles on them and they will still take them back). They are just too stable for me, not to mention too heavy and a bit too roomy in the rearfoot, so I always felt like I was wearing sloppy bricks on my feet.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay