2022 Boston Marathon Thread (Read 173 times)

JMac11

RIP Milkman

How'd it go everyone?

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

The event was great. First time for me. My race, not so much. For some reason never had any energy and after the first half crashed and burned. But, I finished and ran the whole thing, so there’s that. And, as my daughter reminded me, nobody else cares about your time.

delicate flower

My goal was 3:10 and I ran 3:31.  I had all sorts of cramping issues.  I was just happy to drag myself across the finish line.  Still a great day when you can say you ran Boston.

<3

Julia1971

The event was great. First time for me. My race, not so much. For some reason never had any energy and after the first half crashed and burned. But, I finished and ran the whole thing, so there’s that. And, as my daughter reminded me, nobody else cares about your time.

Smart daughter. Wink  And, congratulations!

Julia1971

My goal was 3:10 and I ran 3:31.  I had all sorts of cramping issues.  I was just happy to drag myself across the finish line.  Still a great day when you can say you ran Boston.

Indeed!  Congratulations on finishing!  I know that feeling well.  And, I wish I could have met you this year!  Our paths will eventually cross, my friend!

Julia1971

Random aside.  Picture it: on a cruise ship off the coast of Europe.  Me, with the Peacock app going in and out, deciding to see if the on-ship bar has coverage.  Passing older couple.

Old Man (angrily): It's supposed to be BAA.org!

Old Lady: I tried that!  It's not coming up!

Me (also, officially an "Old"): They haven't started yet.

Old Lady (somewhat embarrassed): Thank you!  Our son is running and we don't want to miss it.

No matter how well you did, please know that there were people all around the world tracking your every move!

Ian5

I loved it,set myself 3:15 as a target,finished in 3:14:40.

Read about 81% positive splitting by 5 mins (thanks Julia) so aimed for that,1:35:15 and 1:39:25 was fine with the hills in the second half.The crowd support was brilliant and I loved the whole day,even our bus driver missing the turning was fine.

5k 17:35,10k 36:43,10m 61:55,HM 1:24:03,Full 3:07:39

xhristopher

Tried for negative split and ended up with a 2 minute 20 second positive split. I'm 1 for 9 with negative Boston splits.

With all the negative shit that has been happening in the world for the last couple years yesterday felt like a break from it all. Everything was positive and people were happy, if only in Boston.

Sun was out but it might have to go down as another rain year. I'm not sure. We got buckets last night. Close enough? 

Julia1971

I loved it,set myself 3:15 as a target,finished in 3:14:40.

Read about 81% positive splitting by 5 mins (thanks Julia) so aimed for that,1:35:15 and 1:39:25 was fine with the hills in the second half.The crowd support was brilliant and I loved the whole day,even our bus driver missing the turning was fine.

You are welcome!  And, glad you didn't waste energy getting too stressed about the bus, which was out of your control.

Julia1971

Tried for negative split and ended up with a 2 minute 20 second positive split. I'm 1 for 9 with negative Boston splits.

With all the negative shit that has been happening in the world for the last couple years yesterday felt like a break from it all. Everything was positive and people were happy, if only in Boston.

Sun was out but it might have to go down as another rain year. I'm not sure. We got buckets last night. Close enough? 

Everything was positive.  Including your splits.  

I know I'm finding this spring's return to event racing cathartic.  We made it!

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Running Problem

Problem Child

Best “sign” along the route:

https://www.natickreport.com/2022/04/where-theres-a-will-smith-theres-a-way-for-marathon-runners-in-natick/

who, besides me, got their slap in?

wow...just....wow. Let's hit the black male celebrity we saw hit the other black male celebrity (who apparently made a joke about the man's wife) on TV. It is so funny. I've a side stitch thinking about it. #BlackLivesMatter

Many of us aren't sure what the hell point you are trying to make and no matter how we guess, it always seems to be something else. Which usually means a person is doing it on purpose.

VDOT 53.37 

5k18:xx | Marathon 2:55:22

wow...just....wow. Let's hit the black male celebrity we saw hit the other black male celebrity (who apparently made a joke about the man's wife) on TV. It is so funny. I've a side stitch thinking about it. #BlackLivesMatter

Lighten up, Francis.

Mikkey

Mmmm Bop

Some people find things funny that others don’t and you just have to accept that.

I was personally very disappointed with Will Smith as I would’ve expected him to give Chris Rock more than just a girly slap. I mean surely he must’ve learnt how to box when he was preparing for his Ali movie role. 

5k - 17:53 (4/19)   10k - 37:53 (11/18)   Half - 1:23:18 (4/19)   Full - 2:50:43 (4/19)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23