Hip Injury (Read 54 times)

Bluejayfeather

I run about a mile a day in about 25 minutes.  So, I'm not a competitive runner, just do it because I enjoy it.  That said, I would love to run farther and faster.

My problem is my hip.  It has hurt for about 3 years.  I baby it and it is better, but then it will be worse again.

What should I be doing for my hip?

Is there any way that it could heal, or is that an unrealistic expectation?

SMART Approach

Have you or are you doing a comprehensive strength and conditioning and core program? If not, it is likely to not improve. Have you had it diagnosed? Maybe arthritis, labrum???? There is so much to "my hip hurts". You don't provide much info......so my reply is how much time have you spent working on making it better?

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

Bee2005

Strengthen your core and glutes. Roll out your quads regularly.

Hurts WHERE?

There are all kinds of places that will hurt for wildly different reasons. Here's one of the most common sources of hip pain for runners:

http://running.competitor.com/2018/06/injury-prevention/understanding-trochanteric-bursitis-chronic-hip-pain_173173

Mine flairs up when I try to run on my healing achilles and limp.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

kilkee

runktrun

Letsrun level trolling.

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.

JMac11

RIP Milkman

Letsrun level trolling.

I'm assuming the "mile a day" was a typo, otherwise you are correct.

5K: 16:37 (11/20)  |  10K: 34:49 (10/19)  |  HM: 1:14:57 (5/22)  |  FM: 2:36:31 (12/19) 

kilkee

runktrun

25:00 mile

Not running for my health, but in spite of it.