Female Runners -- underwear help (Read 1303 times)

hokiemamba

Hi Y'all,  

I've developed some terrible chafing from the leg-holes of my underwear since I've increased the long run distance and need some advice.  I've just been wearing my regular undies, but think some hi-tech ones with maybe longer legs might help.  What do you recommend? 

Thanks! 

Hokie

Hokie

OK I am male but I promise you us males have the same problems, just in different areas

Have you thought of running with some shorts that have an inbuilt lining, they are normally very fine wicking material that moves away the sweat from the skin.

Other ideas that I have seen ladies at the club wear are shorth lycra leggings under their shorts.

Jerry
      A runners blog-updated daily

Maggie & Molly

I would say where shorts/skirts with the build in undies or as the weather cools and you are wearing pants - go comando.

"It does not matter how slow you go so long as you do not stop."
        Wisdom of Confucius

HF 4363

Maniac

I thought there would be pictures with options to choose from....Never mind.

+1 for the built-in liners.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Commando.  I went through probably a dozen different styles of undies, including several "sport" models.  ALL of them have spots where there are seams that literally chap my ass.  I either wear compression shorts, tights, or a running skirt with built-in "spankies."  If it's extra cold/windy in the Winter I will wear heavy tights with a pair of compression shorts on the outside to keep my butt a bit warmer.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mitch & Pete's Mom

In my running club for moms the same subject came up and I was suprised that I was one of the only ones going commando.  Then when we started training for longer distances, most of the distance group gave up on seach for the perfect pantie and joind the commando club.

I belive we once had a darn rowdy and somewhat risque thread on this same subject a while back. Maybe somone will search for it. I'm too lazy today. .

Carlsbad 1/2 marathon 1/26.

#artbydmcbride

Commando!

or  the Barely There hi-cut seamless panties work great also.

Runners run

Roses Revenge

I haven't done commando in a while.  Right now, I like Jockey brand microfiber hipsters.  I haven't had chafing problems with them - at least not yet.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

Hawt and sexy

Underwear?  As in not spankes?  People still wear those?

I wear skirts, most have built in spankes, no FUG.  I was called Co'manda a long time ago in an internet forum far,far away because of this. Commando rules.

For my skirts that dfo not have built in spankes, I actually have spankes for underskirt.  They are the same as what you see the elite women wear at marathons.  I buy most of my skirts and all of my spankes at skirtsports.com. They have 3 different cuts, I prefer the boycut stlye under my non-spanked skirts, but I have the shorty style also.

When I started my latest running life, I still wore panties, but I got really sick of the post workout peeling of panties that felt like a swimsuit.  Icky. I ran without them for the first time and never looked back.  Now, I need to remember to wear panties for important stuff, like dates or shopping trips.

I'm touching your pants.

Queen of 3rd Place

Another vote for commando.

What are spankies?

Ex runner

xor

Alfalfa's groupies.

Hawt and sexy

My old avatar was a pair of my spankes.  Cheerleader underskirt wear.

I'm touching your pants.

xor

Thank you for your new avatar.

Hawt and sexy

Do I get a hug now?

I'm touching your pants.

keeponrunning

For my skirts that dfo not have built in spankes, I actually have spankes for underskirt.  They are the same as what you see the elite women wear at marathons.  I buy most of my skirts and all of my spankes at skirtsports.com. They have 3 different cuts, I prefer the boycut stlye under my non-spanked skirts, but I have the shorty style also.

do u happen to know if skirtsports is any cheaper in store??  i looked online and i think i'd rather go commando than spend $70+ on a pair of underwear, no matter how fancy!!!

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022