Running Stairs - other cross training (Read 1095 times)

bsherman7

What is the best way to enter into the training log a 30 minute session of running stairs at a local stadium, lets say after jogging a few miles?  I wouldn't necessarily want the time and distance to show up in my weekly mileage (as not to effect my pace).  What do most people do?  Thanks for the help, this is sort of new to me.

an amazing likeness

I'd recommend creating a new activity, called something creative like "running stairs".  This is done under Settings -> Manage My Activities in the training log.

Then when you do a stairs session, log the time under that new activity.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

xhristopher

You could always enter stairs as a new "activity." If I were running stairs I'd probably divide the time by an honest equivalent of pace for the perceived effort and enter it in my log as a "workout type" called "stairs" similar to my "workout type" called "trails" or one of the defaults such as "hills."
        Roses Revenge

One of my activities is stairs.  The ones I do are probably the hardest workout of anything I do.  Public stairs along a ridge and I usuall do 6 fights ranging from about 40 steps to about 180 steps with a little over half a mile between the first to the last flight.  Because of the terrain, I'm usually doing 2 flights down and 4 flights up.  Someday I'll go out and figure out where the top of the stairs are and do them the other direction.

Marathon Maniac #991 Half Fanatic #58 Double Agent #22  It's a perfect day and I feel great!

SMART Approach

What is the best way to enter into the training log a 30 minute session of running stairs at a local stadium, lets say after jogging a few miles?  I wouldn't necessarily want the time and distance to show up in my weekly mileage (as not to effect my pace).  What do most people do?  Thanks for the help, this is sort of new to me.

You are running when doing stairs. Personally, when I do them I count them as running on my log and do an estimate on miles. Awesome conditioning effect from doing stairs.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com