Diffence between actual distance and "performance" distance? (Read 589 times)

I sometimes take a little de-tour via a so called "vitaparcours". At each parcours around the country here, there is an actual distance (Länge), altitude difference (Steigung) and then a so-called performance distance (Leistung). I can figure the meaning out... But how is it calculated? Example: Länge: 2,5 km Steigung: 100 m Leistungs-km: 3,5 Lkm -What dosn't seem to make any sense for me is that when I look at my pace according to the actual distance then it's quite poor (It's a tough course). And when I use the "performance" distance, then the pace is soo "good" -I couldn't even run down-hill at that pace. Is there some kind of coefficient factor that I can use to compare for a flat-out distance? Rgds, lafoca...
      If I were you I wouldn't worry about it. The matter is how hard and how long you have run at any place. If it make you feel better because of a formula said you have PR your run, do it.
      milkbaby

The "lange" distance is probably the overground distance, like if you rode a bicycle with an odometer over the course, that would be the distance given by the odometer. The "steigung" is probably the change in altitude from the start to finish of the course. If it starts 10m above sea level and then ends 110m above sea level, then that would be 100m altitude change. The "liestung" is probably an "equivalent" distance taking into account the difficulty of the the altitude changes over the length of the course. Because it is harder to run uphill, and because scientists have done studies to determine how much more effort it takes to run uphill, you can calculate how much more work the hills cause you to do and then calculate the equivalent flat distance. I don't do any calculation corrections for my running. But you can if you like. Go to http://www.runworks.com/calculator.html for a calculator that can calculate equivalent paces for courses at different elevations, have different elevation changes, run at different temperatures, etc.
        "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." -- Mahatma Gandhi "I have need to be all on fire, for I have mountains of ice about me to melt." -- William Lloyd Garrison "The marathon is an art; the marathoner is an artist." -- Kiyoshi Nakamura
          Thanks for you answers. milkbaby, I think that will do it. Smile